2023 Garden thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Efficient and productive, it's called Ruth Stout. 😉
I've never read anything about Ruth stout. 🤣. just like patera, deep south, and the multitude of johnny come lately homestead channels that claim to have tried everything and they figured out the only way to do it. Most everything they are claiming has been public knowledge for decades.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've never read anything about Ruth stout. 🤣. just like patera, deep south, and the multitude of johnny come lately homestead channels that claim to have tried everything and they figured out the only way to do it. Most everything they are claiming has been public knowledge for decades.
🤣 Ruth is most definitely decade nce. 😁
Like depression era decadence.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
@HillsideDesolate , I'm growing several fruit trees in containers so I can protect them in the greenhouse, late freeze, insect . I'll just have to prune them more.
Makes sense. I had an apple and Santa ross plum in containers for years that I drug from apartment to apartment until I bought a house. You kinda treat em like bonzai. Come to think of it I should start a few for my next house to get a jump on things.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought the last peach tree tractor supply in wilburton had today. I got it at a very reduced price. It just felt loose and I opened the bag up and it doesn't have much root. It'll go in a container in the greenhouse so I can baby it along and try to get some roots going.View attachment 355329View attachment 355330
Inspired to hit the tractor supply. They were keeping their bare root inside, everything from peaches to grapes to blueberries was door nail dead except for some red delicious apples...yuk.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't either 🤠
Edited to say I almost bought my wife one 😂. But came to my senses and decided she can buy her own.
The reason for the comment 😁🤣.
Love mine.
Hori Hori gang rise up!

I am also a strong advocate of the Russian shovel and the travis, it's like a small McLeod crossed with a pick axe.
IMG_20230314_130945.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom