2023 Garden thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dang!! You ever grow Romanesco? I've got a neighbor who ordered seeds and asked if I would plant them for her. It'll have to be a fall crop this year since didn't start early enough for the Spring.

Picking lettuce and spinach now along with beet tops. Asparagus is slowing down but the cooler night temps will get us a few more before going to fern. Put in the cucumbers I started from seed but might have put out too soon as a couple of those 40 degree nights put the hurt on them. Still some green so hoping will recover. Getting a hard rain all morning.+-
Is that the green headed ? I think I've grown it in the past. There's a broccoli and cauliflower that is about the same.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lots of broccoli and a couple Juliet tomatoes
IMG_20230504_195433235.jpg
IMG_20230504_195408417.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Helped put in buddies garden today. Tomato's, squash, cucumber, bell pepper and corn.
All but the corn from plants he bought. Those 4" augers on the end of a drill motor make planting pretty easy.
He has one of those push type seeders with the plates for different seeds we put the corn in.
I think he's going to use it for putting in green beans tomorrow, but it's so danged easy he doesn't need any help.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got an itty bitty Black Elderberry var. Laced Up (along with a rudbeckia maxima) as a mate for a 3 gal black tower tower elderberry I found locally at TLC (for a fraction of online price) thank you @2busy for your assistance.

Long story short my HOA got complaints on my behooves so they gave me approval to replace part of my lawn with a pollinators harder that blocks the view of the hives.
IMG_20230512_145643.jpg
IMG_20230512_145724.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom