2023 Garden thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since tsc has gone woke, I'm trying to keep my shopping of such goods with atwoods.
I wish I had an Atwoods, I have never been impressed with tractor supply, and the Edmond location especially sucks. I miss my PNW co-ops so much.

As a man gardener I like my tools. I knew @2busy didn't have as he said so a couple moons ago. Seeds and tools are a weak spot for me🤣 .
Check out the fine products from the good people at Rogue Hoe, made in the Ozarks, A bit spendy but my great grand children will probably be using it (if we win the war against the machines). And hardware store hoes are garbage, rogue makes a good grub hoe for proper peasanting.

https://roguehoe.com/

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Finally planting potatoes today. Soil temps are good.
4D07A8BD-DFB4-4B04-9D07-8983005FE5B6.jpeg

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Either I missed it or just forgot, what wokeness has TSC succumbed to?!? :rolleyes2
Esg rating and trans party shows. They have become big and when that happens they lose touch with peasants who support their $$ stream. While I won't likely eliminate all purchases I'll darn sure cheat them out of some of my a$$.

Last edited:

Bravo1413

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wish I could put a nice garden area in our back yard and grow more, but the soil sucks. Needs a lot of tilling to break it up and a lot of work, and no I can not afford to build a raised bed. If I could I would have something like this but larger so I could plant more.

View attachment 337731

Bravo1413

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wish I could put a nice garden area in our back yard and grow more, but the soil sucks. Needs a lot of tilling to break it up and a lot of work, and no I can not afford to build a raised bed. If I could I would have something like this but larger so I could plant more.

View attachment 337731
I found some used totes, cut them in halt turned them over and had 2 4x4 planters for $20. Not real pretty, but effective and cheap. Drill a few holes for drainage and add some filler in bottom (plastic bottles with caps, old wood etc.) to take up some space then fill with compost and dirt. 10 planters for $100

Latest posts

Top Bottom