2023 NRA Ballot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

radiorob

Marksman
Reaction score
I got my copy of American Rifleman today and inside was the 2023 ballot. I'd like to see Wayne LaPierre (WLP) replaced. I understand that he has done a very good job cementing his position. I think he's done this by controlling the nominating committee. I am a lifetime member and a supporter and a defender of the NRA. I hate the corruption that I feel WLP represents to many in our community. Whether this image is deserved of not seems less important to me than how common it it. I hear over and over from gun lovers about how could I support the NRA and how they are not going to renew their membership.
Now it's time to vote. I understand that anyone openly critical of WLP is removed from contention for nomination to the Board of directors. Does anyone in this group have inside information I could use to help someone who will help get Wayne out? What about writing in some names like, Philip Journey or some other dissidents I have yet to discover?

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I received my voting packet from the NRA and I also am a life member, but like Tynyphil, I don't plan to vote because of accusations about nefarious activities within the NRA including misuse of member dues by WLP.

I still believe that it would serve the gun community better if the NRA went back to being an educational platform and a major sponsor of firearm related activities like they use to be rather than just primarily being a lobby group in DC. Most kids these days are not being exposed in a positive way to firearm ownership and use because there are so few NRA 'boots on the ground' to mentor them.

In it's present form, the NRA may be winning [some] battles but will eventually lose the war simply because they have left the upcoming generation of kids without access to shooting venues, ignorant of firearm safety, and deft of shooting sports experience. It's no wonder that the anti-2A crowd is winning.

Judi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm keeping my money.....

Wayne and the crew are living really good.....real good.

and they pass laws this crew farts and ask,...demands more money,...yes Mitch needs money.

T-Dog

DPT 3c 89-93 - Desert Storm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
, ignorant of firearm safety,

I've always thought that firearm safety training should be part of the elementary curriculum. I started teaching my son firearm safety at age 5. I've met many people that say they are anti-gun and when I ask them if they have ever held/shot a gun, they always say no. And of course, I then offer to take them to the range, sadly not that many ever took me up on the offer. Heck even a few ex-gf's that had never held/shot a gun loved shooting after takeing them to the range. Majority of people only know about guns from movies and the media, which we know is the worst way to learn about anything in life.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
WLP: "The only thing that can stop a bad guy with a gun is a good friend with a luxury yacht."

(Allegedly/maybe as he was moving to his friend's luxury yacht after mass shootings made him worry about his safety)

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've always thought that firearm safety training should be part of the elementary curriculum. I started teaching my son firearm safety at age 5. I've met many people that say they are anti-gun and when I ask them if they have ever held/shot a gun, they always say no. And of course, I then offer to take them to the range, sadly not that many ever took me up on the offer. Heck even a few ex-gf's that had never held/shot a gun loved shooting after takeing them to the range. Majority of people only know about guns from movies and the media, which we know is the worst way to learn about anything in life.
So true. I remember when the NRA use to sponsor a lot of the different shooting sports, high school shooting teams, and gun shows, as well as educational programs, ranges, and even hunts. Now all they seem to care about is attending one 'convention' after another and using fear tactics to elicit ever more money from their patrons.

radiorob

Marksman
Reaction score
I recommend those of you with ballots write in Philip Journey of Wichita, KS. He was on the board and was critical of WLP and was informed in September on 2022 that he would not be renominated to the board of directors. Does anyone here know the nominee from OKC Mark E. Vaughn?
The NRA members do elect the board and most members are so frustrated with it's direction. But the interests of the majority are frustrated by those in control of who is nominated to the board.
I think we could get WLP out if we could organize some dissident right in candidates. It'll be a long battle and I'm sure there is not enough time to do anything on this ballot but I plan to write in Philip Journey so they will at least know where I stand.

https://thereload.com/nra-board-moves-to-keep-dissident-member-off-ballot/

Latest posts

Top Bottom