20ga Auto suggestions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lakenut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looking for a duck gun.....i know, rib away. 12ga is fine, but for where I hunt all shots are under 30yrds. Most are 15-25yrds.

I don't want to break the bank. Want something in black syn. Buddy has a weatherby sa8 that has had issues and is a pita to clean. Handled a Stoeger 3020 and liked the way it felt. Have also read good things about the Mossy sa20 but haven't laid hands on one.

Any input? Looking in the sub $700 range. I'm in no hurry. Want to do something by next fall....any rumors of new models?

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Winchester SX3. Both of my kids used the same one over the years growing up, Ducks, doves, geese, turkey, dust, mud, grass, water, hours in layout blinds and it just keeps on going.

farmer17

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Synthetic stocked Remington 1187 at Walmart is $474 one of the best 3" magnum 20 gauges ever made. Steel receiver but not too heavy, a proven design with 50 year track record, loads of accessories, 98% of any repairs it might need you can do yourself easily and parts are cheap and easy to get.

JeffT

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You might look at a CZ720, I have one with wood furniture and screw in chokes that is a light weight, light recoiling, dove and skeet gun. They are well below your $700 limit.

Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply, Speak Kindly, Shoot Well, Leave the rest to God.

Latest posts

Top Bottom