20mg Atorvastatin, 90 day supply.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok wow I just was able to upload my prescription and get 90 days from geniusRX . COM for 13.50.

I‘ll carry on now.

I’m 52, I’ve never been on meds before so all this is new to me.

It's fascinating what a little homework will do in this "broken system" Eh? Do some homework on Statins too like others have said. Dunno what your Cholesterol level is at but there are natural ways to fight it.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
First of all, so sorry to hear of your dad’s passing. May he RIP.
Income doesn’t matter to the VA if your injuries are service connected.
It will be in your best interest to register with the VA considering where and what circumstances you encountered, then apply for a disability rating.
Burn pit issues come on many years later after repeated exposure. Hearing loss from gunfire, PTSD, depression, etc can all factor into what level of rating you could receive.
Contact the service officer of any VFW, or American Legion and set up an appointment with the VA rep that is likely another Veteran.
You will fill out forms, list dates/locations of service, possible areas of injuries and so on.(bring DD-214) Paperwork will be submitted, then the VA will contact you if they feel medical exams are warranted and set appointments for you to be seen.
After the exams are completed, the VA will contact you with information if you have been accepted into the healthcare system and the percentage of disability.
Once that percentage is set that will determine what level of care you can expect from the VA.
If I remember correctly 40% is the magic number to obtain full healthcare.
You earned the right to VA healthcare if you suffered service connected injuries.
I urge you to look into this as has been said by others, we ain’t getting any younger nor more healthy.

Great post with great advice. The only thing I'd add to that is fill out the intent to file a claim form now...today! VA Form 21-0966, “Intent to File a Claim for Compensation and/or Pension, or Survivors Pension and/or DIC"

Filing that form sets the date for your rating to begin and can mean a substantial amount of money for you if you receive a rating. Any rating you get will be retroactive to that date.

Seriously...you should do it. Even if you don't get a rating you might get into the system. It's also possible you might catch a problem early enough to do something about it.

Don't be like me and wait 30 years before taking action.

Duncandl

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just to add to the VA part of this, I waited 15 years to file my claim that the VA only took 45 days to come back and agree with my claim and put me at 80% disabled. 15 years from my date of retirement, that is a lot of money that I will never see because of my foolishness and belief that it would take forever to process any claim.

Don’t wait, open the claim today.

GeneW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dude!!

Atorvastatin? I just got a 90 day supply of 40mg filled at Costco for $24.99.

Ask your doc for a script for 90 day supply of 40 MG, tablet form, and cut each in half. Then you have a 180 day supply for $24.99 (or 90 day @ $12.00) of 20 mg.

Many tablet pills are already scored to be easily split in half, and you should also own a pill splitter, a little device, costs a couple bucks, that has a blade and guide to cut pills in half.

You do NOT have to be a Costco member to use their pharmacy. You MUST tell the door person you're going into the pharmacy only, and they will let you in.

Also, use the website or app for GoodRX. My family doc finally got me to use this, and it works great. You just enter the pill and weight and quantity in, and it gives you the best prices around. Usually it's Costco and Walmart for the best prices. When you get to the Pharmacy to pick it up, show them the price, they wil adjust their price to it.

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Great post with great advice. The only thing I'd add to that is fill out the intent to file a claim form now...today! VA Form 21-0966, “Intent to File a Claim for Compensation and/or Pension, or Survivors Pension and/or DIC"

Filing that form sets the date for your rating to begin and can mean a substantial amount of money for you if you receive a rating. Any rating you get will be retroactive to that date.

Seriously...you should do it. Even if you don't get a rating you might get into the system. It's also possible you might catch a problem early enough to do something about it.

Don't be like me and wait 30 years before taking action.
Absolutely correct. I also waited for years to apply knowing I was eligible for service connected but in my mind wanted nothing to do with the government thinking it was a handout.
Finally got convinced It’s not a handout. It’s earned and owed, so I applied. Was told by the first service officer that he had completed all the paperwork and to not worry about filling out any forms that would be sent later and nothing would happen for a long time so I didn’t.
A year went by and it was basically forgotten.
One day driving past the American Legion saw the sign out that the service officer was in the house. Stopped in and found a different person was there. After he looked up my info, found out I was given the wrong information by the previous officer. Those forms should have been filled out. We completed all of them on that visit. In two weeks there were appointments scheduled, and a month later had my rating and 13 months back pay. After careful reading of some additional benefits found out my wife was also eligible for payments as a dependent on top of the disability payments. Again, I think 40% or higher rating determines that extra benefit.

Capm_Spaulding

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Are we all going to ignore how this was a rare event where a post went from a sh1tposting to one where a person actually found something useful from a critical comment instead of being butthurt about it? We can all stand to learn a lesson here instead of keeping on with the BS. If we all helped one another every now and again, instead of playing holier than thou, it really wouldn’t hurt.

Mostly just glad OP found meds a lot cheaper! My mom spends four figures a month WITH insurance for her meds, and that isn’t hyperbole. This isn’t a left or right issue, this is simply an us vs them issue.

IMO that nobody asked for, big pharma should make a lot of money. It incentivizes pharmaceutical scientists and the like to keep working for better drugs… but that’s not what happens to the money, A, and B, they don’t need to make THAT much off us. Remember, the United States is one of the only Countries in the world that allows drug companies to advertise to the public… let that sink in a bit.

Last edited:

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are we all going to ignore how this was a rare event where a post went from a sh1tposting to one where a person actually found something useful from a critical comment instead of being butthurt about it? We can all stand to learn a lesson here instead of keeping on with the BS. If we all helped one another every now and again, instead of playing holier than thou, it really wouldn’t hurt.

Mostly just glad OP found meds a lot cheaper! My mom spends four figures a month WITH insurance for her meds, and that isn’t hyperbole. This isn’t a left or right issue, this is simply an us vs them issue.

IMO that nobody asked for, big pharma should make a lot of money. It incentivizes pharmaceutical scientists and the like to keep working for better drugs… but that’s not what happens to the money, A, and B, they don’t need to make THAT much off us. Remember, the United States is one of the only Countries in the world that allows drug companies to advertise to the public… let that sink in a bit.

Correct, but also keep in mind that pharmaceutical companies also spend lots of money to develop and test new medications to satisfy government requirements. The government doesn't make this process any cheaper for the pharma companies nor the patients using those drugs.

Now, that said, one needs to check around. The wife was prescribed a drug by her heart doctor for triglycerides that cost $140-some dollars at CVS. When she went to renew the prescription, she checked at Walmart, and the same drug, dosage and number of pills was around $20. We both had an upper respiratory infection a while back. For some reason, her records still showed her getting her prescriptions at CVS. Her antibiotic medicine was $4.98 or so at CVS. The same stuff for me at Walmart was FREE!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom