20mg Atorvastatin, 90 day supply.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tiasman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's fascinating what a little homework will do in this "broken system" Eh? Do some homework on Statins too like others have said. Dunno what your Cholesterol level is at but there are natural ways to fight it.
Oh it’s still broke.

But I have no problem admitting and being happy that I’m getting these meds CHEAPER than many people in socialized systems.

My points about the broken nature for middle class to upper middle class business owners remain the same.

The premiums are outrageous and the consequences of being uninsured are catastrophic - and shouldn’t be.

And the same people decrying govt systems will all get on SS and Medicare the day they need it. Not one will choose to decline Medicare and pay cash for healthcare or buy coverage for $17k annually. They are only against single payer because they have employee coverage, subsidized ACA policies or Medicare or Medicaid.

FACTS

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh it’s still broke.

But I have no problem admitting and being happy that I’m getting these meds CHEAPER than many people in socialized systems.

My points about the broken nature for middle class to upper middle class business owners remain the same.

The premiums are outrageous and the consequences of being uninsured are catastrophic - and shouldn’t be.

And the same people decrying govt systems will all get on SS and Medicare the day they need it. Not one will choose to decline Medicare and pay cash for healthcare or buy coverage for $17k annually. They are only against single payer because they have employee coverage, subsidized ACA policies or Medicare or Medicaid.

FACTS

They will get on Medicare because they PAID into the system for years and it's owed to them. BIG difference.

I will agree, the system is broke, but the very people that broke it, are the ones you want to give control of your healthcare. Not really much logic there but ok, that's what they are counting on.

Help me out with something here....... the best treatment for Covid was the monoclonal antibody treatment, up until Omicron came around. Now.... trick question but not really...... who is rationing said treatment? What could you do about it if your wife needed it tomorrow?

I know you don't care.... you just want cheaper insurance..... and that's all you know, but be careful of what you wish.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's fascinating what a little homework will do in this "broken system" Eh? Do some homework on Statins too like others have said. Dunno what your Cholesterol level is at but there are natural ways to fight it.

This is correct. In 2007 I went to see the doc because OBI said muh cholesterol was way high. (I had donated blood)

He wanted me to take statins, and so I did for a few weeks. No ill side effects, but I had to go in for tests to make sure my liver wasn't being harmed....WHAT??? WTF would I take something that I have to monitor? I told doc I ain't gonna do it, what can I do to lower it naturally? (I was in great shape, none of this made sense)

He said diet change, and aerobic exercise. I said "no problem". He was obviously skeptical - but I changed my diet and started running. A lot. It went down, all is well.

That all being said, I've come to believe high cholesterol is more of an indicator of damage, rather than a cause of damage, so I don't worry about it so much anymore. The good habits I formed in lowering it back in 2007 have stuck though.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

FACTS

That's kind of a failed argument for at least a couple of reasons.

1. Social Security is not an entitlement. The government took money from all of us who worked with the promise to pay it back once we reach retirement age. That money is YOUR money. You're just getting it back.

2. Medicare Part A is mandatory once you start receiving social security benefits. The others are optional.

3. Medicare is probably less expensive at that age than buying private insurance. Obviously, for most people, the older they get the more medical care they need. Medicare makes sense for most people. Not all.

4. Medicare is also something you've paid for your entire working life. It's not a 'free' benefit for working people reaching retirement.

5. Not everyone takes Medicare Part B. EX: My wife worked for a federal agency for about 10 years. She can still buy private insurance thru the group plan offered by that agency so she does. It costs a bit more than Medicare...about $40 per month. She collects her first social security check next month just before she turns 66. She's enrolled in part A because she has to...not because she wants to. She's not going to enroll in any other Medicare programs.

I'm in the VA system so I don't have to have Medicare. I got hurt performing military duty. The government promised to care for me should that happen. It's not an entitlement, either. Furthermore, I waited over 30 years to demand they uphold their end of the bargain...and they did.

And I'm against single payer for exactly some of the reasons JD8 pointed out... I don't trust the people who screwed up the system to fix the system and/or run the system. As a matter of fact, the government shouldn't even be in the health care business. But they are.

There are plenty of private models that work just fine and make health care affordable. Single payer isn't one of them. It may, in fact, be the worst option.

Duncandl

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you want proof of why we should never have single payer/government healthcare just take a nice visit to any of the Indian hospitals here in Oklahoma.

Before joining the Navy we HAD to use the Indian clinics because my father (retired military) refused to enroll us in any medical plans for some odd reason. Years of terrible patient services and to this day my sister travels from Borger, Texas to Ada, Oklahoma for her doctor visits because of how broken the government healthcare system is. I’m glad she is able to get treatment somewhere but I don’t wish that health system on anyone.

I’ve never had anyone actually take me up on visiting the BIA health system. But would really enjoy an outsider perspective on what they find.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's kind of a failed argument for at least a couple of reasons.

2. Medicare Part A is mandatory once you start receiving social security benefits. The others are optional.

5. Not everyone takes Medicare Part B. EX: My wife worked for a federal agency for about 10 years. She can still buy private insurance thru the group plan offered by that agency so she does. It costs a bit more than Medicare...about $40 per month. She collects her first social security check next month just before she turns 66. She's enrolled in part A because she has to...not because she wants to. She's not going to enroll in any other Medicare programs.

RE #2 - Medicare Part A is mandatory at age 65, not necessarily when one starts receiving SS retirement benefits. I started taking SS retirement when I was 63 and still working, but I didn't have to sign up for anything else until I turned 65.

RE#5 - If one doesn't sign up for Medicare Part B and D at 65, be sure and get the documentation done that "waives" those parts. It probably requires one to get somebody like one's insurance or employer to fill out some of that documentation to show that one has coverage. Otherwise, if one doesn't do that and later decides to sign up for parts B and D, one will be penalized EACH AND EVERY MONTH for each and every month that they "didn't have coverage." I missed 14 months of Part D coverage, so every month we get to pay a penalty for 14 months.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't trust the people who screwed up the system to fix the system and/or run the system. As a matter of fact, the government shouldn't even be in the health care business. But they are.
I think the quote in my signature covers that. In case you can't see it, here it is:

The government solution to a problem is usually as bad as the problem. – Milton Friedman

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you want proof of why we should never have single payer/government healthcare just take a nice visit to any of the Indian hospitals here in Oklahoma.

Before joining the Navy we HAD to use the Indian clinics because my father (retired military) refused to enroll us in any medical plans for some odd reason. Years of terrible patient services and to this day my sister travels from Borger, Texas to Ada, Oklahoma for her doctor visits because of how broken the government healthcare system is. I’m glad she is able to get treatment somewhere but I don’t wish that health system on anyone.

I’ve never had anyone actually take me up on visiting the BIA health system. But would really enjoy an outsider perspective on what they find.
I've never used BIA clinics, but when my youngest son was paralyzed in an accident the folks at Jim Thorpe Rehab center in OKC kept asking if we had any connection to an Oklahoma tribe.
Family rumors there was and my sister who did genealogy for many years, publishing two books about it could only find a link to the Delaware tribe which had most of their records burned in a courthouse fire so no bueno.
The reason they asked is that Oklahoma is considered a dead zone for those in my sons condition after they have been discharged from the hospital/rehab centers for care.
They told us that everything we would have needed for after care would have been supplied for free if there were any Native American connection. DNA won't help as one has to be associated with a particular tribe and have family on the rolls.
We just deal with it but there is a benefit available for those that do have ties for someone with a severe disability.

Latest posts

Top Bottom