22/45 work

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think I finished my trigger work on my MK 3. It has the TK victory trigger, mag safety disconnect delete, and I just put in the Volquartson target sear and TK extractor. The trigger now pulls well under 2lbs. Its crazy. Everyone that has shot it says wow. Glad i didnt also order the target hammer. Ill get this thing the way I want it some day.

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
20180617_130242.jpg

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So far I did a trigger polish, polish the mag button and channel and +1 the mags as well as a couple other things. Removed the chamber loaded indicator tab that touches the round but left the spring in place and then did the TK Safety disconnect and eagle claw extractor. Planning to upgrade the trigger and sear but other things became more important so the funds went elsewhere.

Polishing the mag button and channel helps the feeding be just a touch smoother.

Sounds like you are well on your way though.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So far I did a trigger polish, polish the mag button and channel and +1 the mags as well as a couple other things. Removed the chamber loaded indicator tab that touches the round but left the spring in place and then did the TK Safety disconnect and eagle claw extractor. Planning to upgrade the trigger and sear but other things became more important so the funds went elsewhere.

Polishing the mag button and channel helps the feeding be just a touch smoother.

Sounds like you are well on your way though.

Why remove the loaded chamber indicator? I've heard some do this, but my Mark III hunter still has it installed and it's never been an issue. I think it's a great tool to make sure your chamber is actually loaded vs having to crack the slice to check.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The LCI can get gummed up pretty fast sometimes and cause issues since it interfaces with the rim of the case from what I have read. All I had to do was pull the pin that holds the whole LCI assembly and then there is a thin piece of sheet metal that I removed and then put it back together. They make delete kits which I will probably grab at some point but this was a simple way to do it and I kept the piece so I can always put it back.

Plus while cleaning the LCI was in my way getting hung up on stuff which REALLY pissed me off. Removing the LCI made cleaning go a lot faster since the little tab was not there to get hung up on the brushes, cloths and rods.

The way I look at it is the chamber is loaded all the time unless I visually look in the chamber and VERIFY it is not loaded or if I pull the trigger and it didn't go bang at which point I rack the slide and put a round in the chamber. The LCI can also potentially get stuck open with crud rendering it useless anyway.

Latest posts

Top Bottom