22 ammo storage and carry idea

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I picked up the Ruger 10 22 takedown last week and it came with a super carry bag. First about the takedown. Got a great deal and plan on using it for rimfire steel challenge. It's in the stainless steel, has threaded barrel (with flash suppressor), rail attachment and a great carry bag. It came with the ruger bx 25 mag that has ran flawless (as has the gun with zero problems). I have the Burris trs 25 red dot on top and love shooting it.
Anyway, I was looking at options for carrying ammo and noticed the water bottles my wife drinks. Checked it out and not only does it fit perfectly in my bag, it's a great way to store and organize different types of ammo. Desiccants keep the moisture out and a magic marker list the type of ammo in each bottle. As you will see, fits perfectly in my carry bag.
Thought I'd post the vid I did. I'm sure there's many different options better, but this works for me.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've bought old Tupperware at garage sales for this use. Sometimes you can get 'em for 10cents each.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have some of those as well, mostly bought at a garage/moving sale back in the '90s.

I really like the idea of screw-on lids better though. Not sure dropping a film canister full of ammo would keep it inside. :/

Latest posts

Top Bottom