22 ammo storage and carry idea

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
.22 Rimfire from back in the day never had a storage issue. I recently posted some Federal that was 20 some years old that I shot recently with zero issues.
With that being said, I like your idea with some of the desiccant packets that I get in my VA meds. The new .22 ammo is sloppy in the case, and it would be easy to see moisture getting in there when you can take the bullet and rotate it in the case.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well I think it’s a really neat idea. Some of the stuff a guy can learn here never ceases to amaze me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have found that used pill bottles(75cc to 120cc--clear amber ones) really work well to carry/store ammo. They are waterproof, can easily be carried in a pocket/coat, hold a box(50/100rds.) or more of ammo, just twist the lid off and dump however many rounds you need---then put the lid back on, keeps the ammo clean/dry in your pocket, unused ammo can easily be returned to the bottle and stored for later use. You can load up however many you need(exact round count in each bottle) and your set to go. You can also load up a bunch ahead of time and just grab what you need.

i.ebayimg.com_images_i_322402481837_0_1_s_l1000.jpg

Last edited:

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have found that used pill bottles(75cc to 120cc--clear amber ones really work well) to carry/store ammo.
Hehe, that depends on how aggressive the child-proofing is... :D

I have a few items wearing the notched inner lid that I cut/pried out of the "child-proof" cap. Turns out some of those are almost Mac-proof too. :drunk2:

bigchuck83

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some pretty good ideas, for bulk packs i have opened i use a small watertight case from walmart, similar to a small pelican case. It can hold a 325 round pack of rimfire ammo plus a couple ruger MKIV magazines.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your a fart smeller, that is a good idea and it looks as though you might be able to get 2 water bottles per pocket.. I'd use this idea if my bag didn't house a pcc9 as well.. My bag has 6 bx25s on the outside 3 ea pocket and then inside 2 take downs with 3-15s and 2-33s and it is FULL and not light either.. I need to find another bag of sorts for the 9 so that the 22 bag can house more than the current 150 rounds that are mag loaded.. The big mouth on those bottles look to be user friendly too..

Latest posts

Top Bottom