.22 cal air rifles

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know little to nothing about air rifles but find myself wanting one.. I've seen where a few here enjoy the air powered now to see if one of ya'll can point me at something of quality but yet won't break my LITTLE budget, under $200 please..
Looking at air gun depot it looks like the virus put a butt load of air powered OOS too..

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I know little to nothing about air rifles but find myself wanting one.. I've seen where a few here enjoy the air powered now to see if one of ya'll can point me at something of quality but yet won't break my LITTLE budget, under $200 please..
Looking at air gun depot it looks like the virus put a butt load of air powered OOS too..
Go vintage. I’ll post some pics later. Even some vintage bulk air options. The 22’s hit much harder than .177
and pack a punch if you’re doing critter dispatch.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm saying beware of the barrel cockers. We bought a dozen for the power plant to dispatch pigeons. They worked fine for the first couple hundred of rounds but then got loose at the joint where they cocked and the accuracy went south. When the scope is on the receiver, and the barrel is loose, you can understand the issue.
Buy once and cry once is my mantra. The RWS side cocker is above your budget, but well worth the investment. One of our members in the power plant brought his to work after the others failed. We were hitting the birds at 50 yards easily and it had many hundreds of rounds through it. The barrel and receiver are one piece just like a regular rifle.

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a gamo whisper wildcat 177 and noticed it kept getting farther and farther off target then noticed the scope had moved after probably 150 to 200 shots retightened the scope and back on target after relighting air rifles are frustrating but a lot of fun

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The bottom one is a Crosman 400. It’s a double CO2 cartridge gun but my brother has one that has been converted to bulk air. All of these are 22.
12BBD7E5-14C6-44A5-A795-979CAC7814E9.jpeg

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check Pyramid Air also. I cruise flea markets and estate sales looking for vintage guns then send the to
Bryan and Associates to be resealed. Word of caution though, it will lead to more!
DC820089-33E8-4CFE-83A3-D3E3B3A29AC5.jpeg

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The bottom one is a Crosman 400. It’s a double CO2 cartridge gun but my brother has one that has been converted to bulk air. All of these are 22.
View attachment 158672

Isn’t the Sheridan full stock in the middle a .20 caliber? I say that as I have that rifle and it’s a .20. They are by the way a great old air gun ! Still shoots great

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've got a Gamo Whisper that I've fought with for several years trying to make it decent, and I've decided it's from the devil himself.

I'd like to get into airguns but they're not cheap. I wouldn't think of a break barrel again; oh you might get lucky and get one that shoots straight consistently, but I wouldn't count on it.

Side lever and under levers stand a better chance of being consistent, but PCPs are the way to go.
You can get a Gamo Urban or Umarex Gauntlet for around $300, but then you need a pump or compressor.

Tons of videos on Youtube about airguns.

If I had lots of money I could really geek out on air guns.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Isn’t the Sheridan full stock in the middle a .20 caliber? I say that as I have that rifle and it’s a .20. They are by the way a great old air gun ! Still shoots great
You are correct, it comes in 22 also. I’ve got a 22 around here someplace.

Jcelt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wasn’t aware of Bryan and Associates for resealing. That is good to know. I have also been thinking about an adult air rifle and have done some research. There are a lot of options. The side break sounds like one worth looking into. I like cartridges but wouldn’t want to be in the position where they were unavailable for any reason. Probably wouldn’t happen but I guess anything is possible.

Latest posts

Top Bottom