22 cal pellet rifle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Break Barrel to side cock, as well as dual ammo. I got em all what's your price range.

$35 Walmart. Daisy powerline 880

$100 Beeman silver Kodak X 2. 2 barrels.177 and .22
Best value unreal value. Like all these I've never used the package scope

Under $200

Benjamin Sheridan variable pump.
Good old U.S. Made been around forever. They say it will 8 pumps. I brought this for house shooting, quite the workout. Nice gun for 160ish there's better choices.

A lot of piston units in this price. All made in China. They claim more velocity and quite. Comes down to all drop a squirrel in its tracks. Like them I have the Mayhem and it's a great gun. Here's the one that's fairly new that's an advance.... a 10 shot auto mag.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Gamo-Swarm-Maxxim-Air-Rifle-22-Caliber-Black-611003715554/192313868232?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

$250 to $300

RWS 34 German quality and accurate. For those thinking break barrels won't last here's one of em.

RWS 48 here's your sidewinder much easier to cock but north of $400

Will typing on an iPad, wish I still had a lap top.

Bottom line I've got and shoot all the above except the Gamo. The $100 kodiak is by the front door. I doubt most won't go though 1000s of rounds on their guns. If your not killing pest or hunt what you going to do? Target shoot? I guess one of these scoped at he 25 to 35 yards gets boring quick. I usually just do that to check the scope.

My .02

Last edited:

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i was recommended the Ruger from a coworker and after some research I found that for a little more money the Hatsan 95 was a much better rifle. Most air gun forums agree that they are the best bang for your buck pellet rifle. The one I bought came with a Chinese scope that has surprisingly clear glass and has held zero thus far.

cracked me up reading through the forum posts of various sites and people talking about one gun better than another because of less recoil haha...like come on guys...you serious? And yes, they serious...

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Another option is some of that CCI Quiet 22LR. Supposed to move a 40gr bullet @ 710 fps. My Benjamin moves a 18gr. pellet @ 750 fps, so they're comparable speed wise but the CCI will put out lots more energy. Going to get some today and see what the report is like..

Latest posts

Top Bottom