22 matches

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks, I live up by the Port of Catoosa, I will have to ask next time I'm at the USSA range, to see if they do that there. I also want to get to that new club down on the south side of Tulsa. Name escapes me right now, anyone know of it?
You can sign up on USSA to receive notifications for steel challenge matches. I believe its Red Castle for your other question.

Prairie Traveler

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
W
Steel Challenge at Oil Capital on 1st and 4th Sundays. Located east of Broken Arrow. See link STEEL CHALLENGE | Oil Capital Rod & Gun Club Divisions to shoot .22 pistols, both iron sights or optic (usually red dot), Same 2 divisions for .22 rifles, semi-auto mag feed style please. .22 Benchrest (BR-50 sanctioned) also shot at Oil Capital.
What about .22lr bolt action rifles?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
W

What about .22lr bolt action rifles?
Most steel challenge matches don't allow bolt rifles that are tube fed. The reasoning is that the tube is still holding ammo when you have to reload it after a 5 string shooting session. You have to put your hand in front of the muzzle to reload when removing the tube, and it would add too much time to the match vs loaded magazines that can just be inserted.

Prairie Traveler

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
N5JBD; Thanks for the info, about "Snake Creek". I don't mind driving a bit for a good experience at a range, but if they are limiting you to 2 hrs. sessions, I not sure if it's worth my 45min. drive one way. I will call them before I decide to make that trip. {is that a HAM call sign?}
A friend and i went to 2A Shooting Center the other day. First time I had shot there. Had a good session, got the sights on the Wife's Buckmark dialed in a bit, exercised my Dad's old .32acp Sauer, and overall enjoyed staying out of the cold.

N5JBD

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Snake Creek is a great facility and they are expanding it even more, nice people really a good experience. But yes, 2A is a better deal for me with the all day pass and a little closer since we live in downtown Tulsa. Yes that is a HAM call sign but I'm not currently active since moving into the High Rise.

Latest posts

Top Bottom