22 matches

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coopsdaddy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looking to get into some 22 competition with the family,not sure what yet as we are just wanting to check it out.Any clubs or shoots close to ne Oklahoma (Pryor)?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looking to get into some 22 competition with the family,not sure what yet as we are just wanting to check it out.Any clubs or shoots close to ne Oklahoma (Pryor)?
Ponca City rifle and pistol club has steel challenge matches on the 4th Saturday of each month depending on weather starting at 9:00 am in the winter, and 8:00 am in the summer to evade the heat.

The 2022 calendar hasn’t been updated yet but it will still be on the 4th Saturday.
http://poncarpc.org/

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Steel Challenge at Oil Capital on 1st and 4th Sundays. Located east of Broken Arrow. See link STEEL CHALLENGE | Oil Capital Rod & Gun Club Divisions to shoot .22 pistols, both iron sights or optic (usually red dot), Same 2 divisions for .22 rifles, semi-auto mag feed style please. .22 Benchrest (BR-50 sanctioned) also shot at Oil Capital.

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Steel Challenge at Oil Capital on 1st and 4th Sundays. Located east of Broken Arrow. See link STEEL CHALLENGE | Oil Capital Rod & Gun Club Divisions to shoot .22 pistols, both iron sights or optic (usually red dot), Same 2 divisions for .22 rifles, semi-auto mag feed style please. .22 Benchrest (BR-50 sanctioned) also shot at Oil Capital.
I would love to go watch one of these and see what it is like. I am also curious as to the different firearms and the load outs that people use. Thank you for sharing.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is there a match anywhere where I can take my old under $200 .22, to see how good I can shoot?
Any .22 match at any range welcomes new shooters as long as you meet their safety/match requirements. Contact the range you want to go to and check their rules and go shoot!ng The match director will give you a safety briefing, and you will be assigned to a squad. Typically the new person will be last in the rotation so they can see how the others shoot. Enjoy steel challenge! It's a great venue.
If I remember right, the world championship in .22 steel Challege was won with a stock .22 Ruger rifle a few years back by a guy from the OKC area.
The operator and the reliability of the firearm is 90% of the winning equation.

Prairie Traveler

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Any .22 match at any range welcomes new shooters as long as you meet their safety/match requirements. Contact the range you want to go to and check their rules and go shoot!ng The match director will give you a safety briefing, and you will be assigned to a squad. Typically the new person will be last in the rotation so they can see how the others shoot. Enjoy steel challenge! It's a great venue.
If I remember right, the world championship in .22 steel Challege was won with a stock .22 Ruger rifle a few years back by a guy from the OKC area.
The operator and the reliability of the firearm is 90% of the winning equation.
Thanks, I live up by the Port of Catoosa, I will have to ask next time I'm at the USSA range, to see if they do that there. I also want to get to that new club down on the south side of Tulsa. Name escapes me right now, anyone know of it?

Latest posts

Top Bottom