22 Nosler | Fastest .22 Cartridge For The AR-15 Platform

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Gotta love when you get a shipping notification from midway. My 22 nosler upper dies brass ammo and 6.8 mags shipped show to arrive on the 27th. Have an extra kahles 2.5-10x42 that I'll mount in nightforce rings. Hopefully I can get some trigger time in with it and might use this setup in the contest on February 18th. Have to get some kills beforehand to make sure it will drop them. I usually use my 7-08 ackley in contests but wanted to use my 28nosler but if it hits hard enough I may use the ar.

Sent from NSA wire tapped device.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went with the stoner 18" fluted upper. Tracking shows it arriving tomorrow. Hopefully get to the range with it on Sunday.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It got in. Initial impressions I really like the barrel it's a stainless fluted 1:8 really like the flash hider. No ports on the bottom side. Hand guard is ergonomic. Decided to put it on an a2 style lower so I went to get an a2 kit and ended up getting a whole new stripped lower parts kit etc upgraded to a rock river varmint trigger kit. Should get everything put together tonight. Will post pictures when I get it done.

Jcann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It got in. Initial impressions I really like the barrel it's a stainless fluted 1:8 really like the flash hider. No ports on the bottom side. Hand guard is ergonomic. Decided to put it on an a2 style lower so I went to get an a2 kit and ended up getting a whole new stripped lower parts kit etc upgraded to a rock river varmint trigger kit. Should get everything put together tonight. Will post pictures when I get it done.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on this new caliber. I've been kicking around the idea of building a 223ai on a 700 action but maybe this new 22 will fit my bill in a bolt gun (I don't like chasing brass in the field).

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was able to go to wilshire and get it sighted in. I had a five shot group at just under an inch. Decent for an ar. I'll post some pics of the finished rifle later today. The 77gn went across my magnetospeed for an average of 2960 from an 18 inch barrel I'm impressed. I'm going to take it out after some song dogs this week. Really considering getting the whole thing hydro dipped. Sighted it in 1 3/4" high at 100. I'll try it out at some distance soon an get some dope on it.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you are going to run a bolt gun, you might as well go with a 22-250.
My thoughts as well when I heard of this new caliber. Although its designed for use in the AR platform as a new whiz bang caliber, some of the older rounds perform just as well if not better as they have been tested and proven.
All that being said, I've been a fan of new whiz-bang rounds in the past. Enjoy your ride, and keep us informed of the performance on game and targets.

Latest posts

Top Bottom