.22 or 380

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lets say you are sitting on the couch and someone is trying to kick in your front door. For some reason the 45 and 9mm are in another room. You are within arms reach of a 10 round semi auto .22 and a 6 round semi auto 380. Which would you grab first and why?

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I will make this easy.
The .22 I can shoot it really good hitting pennies at 20 feet.
The 380 is lucky to hit the shoe box at 20 feet.
In that case I grab the .22.

The most accurate and the one that never fails to fire and never jams Is the one I pick.
Lets say they are both super reliable and same accuracy.

Then it don't matter because i will shoot the perp in the face first couple rounds. trying to kill the vision or brain.
All the rest of the rounds may be willy nilly but I bet the intruder stops either way.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I will make this easy.
The .22 I can shoot it really good hitting pennies at 20 feet.
The 380 is lucky to hit the shoe box at 20 feet.
In that case I grab the .22.

The most accurate and the one that never fails to fire and never jams Is the one I pick.
Lets say they are both super reliable and same accuracy.

Then it don't matter because i will shoot the perp in the face first couple rounds. trying to kill the vision or brain.
All the rest of the rounds may be willy nilly but I bet the intruder stops either way.

I can put 7 rounds in the 8 inch target at 25 yards!! Feg Mark II AP, fine little 380. Also my sons Taurus tcp 738 at 21 feet all 6 rounds in an 8 inch target. Do not know which 380 you shot but it was the wrong ones LOL.
If you ever want to try one out so you do not have to take my word for it give me a shout and I will let ya shoot both, at a target , not me :cool:

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can put 7 rounds in the 8 inch target at 25 yards!! Feg Mark II AP, fine little 380. Also my sons Taurus tcp 738 at 21 feet all 6 rounds in an 8 inch target. Do not know which 380 you shot but it was the wrong ones LOL.
If you ever want to try one out so you do not have to take my word for it give me a shout and I will let ya shoot both, at a target , not me :cool:
I remember your FEG. Had the pleasure of trying it out at one of our get togethers.
Damn straight shooter.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The gal pal's Sig P238 is one fine shooter! If the rounds were the same price or cheaper than 9mm, I'd have zero issues carrying one myself.

Latest posts

Top Bottom