22 Plinkster: Taurus TX22 - Full Review

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have heard that Taurus has either been purchased by a new company or they are manufacturing their guns in the US now----the QC is supposed to be getting better. I have never owned any Taurus products because of what I have heard about their QC problems. Will have to watch and see how this new pistol fairs in the future tests.

Taurus TX22 - Full Review

22plinkster
Published on Feb 22, 2019

Last edited:

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In the same boat, have to admit that this one and Kel tech`s new 22lr pistols look interesting as a potential suppressor host. But I've been burned too many times by Taurus to even think seriously about giving them another try. The kel tech, I'll have to see whenever one becomes available. Probably will end up getting a S&W or Mk 4 instead.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought a .22 semi-auto .22 in 1992-don't know the model because I traded it in. It didn't;t even fire one box of ammo and it began malfunctioning-just wouldn't fire. I won't buy another one because there are plenty of other manufacturers of high quality.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You tube reviews are good but RFC threads point out barrel quality issues, pictures of poor machining / chattering.. I was getting excited until reading on RFC..

stick4

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Taurus is now replacing barrels. My TX22 is shooting to the 'port side' more than the sight would compensate for. A 3 minute chat on their site later and I have a new barrel on the way.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Taurus is now replacing barrels. My TX22 is shooting to the 'port side' more than the sight would compensate for. A 3 minute chat on their site later and I have a new barrel on the way.

That's awesome to hear, I've got one on layaway at Atwoods and I tried looking at the bore with the cell flash light but it was difficult to tell with that set up.. I'll pay it off before the rebate offer expires, 9-30 so I can nab the $50 rebate..

stick4

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got my new barrel and the two backordered magazines. Gun is now a shooter. I'll throw the SW Victory in the gun bag for the next range visit and do a comparison.

Latest posts

Top Bottom