22 rifle info

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
So I am looking to refurb a 22 rifle and build a target gun. Really know nothing about them.
Is there any model/make I should stay away from? And remember I am a cheap bastidge so please don't talk to me about a $500 22 cause that ain't happening. LOL
What my goal is.... is to buy a used rifle that needs re finished/blued or what have you. Problem is that there are so many out there I just don't know what to start with.
Want a bolt action............ whatever, I am not picky about what name is on it just want one that will be accurate.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
$500 doesn't get you very far into the target rifle realm. The new Ruger American RF target rifle would come in a little under that. Used and/or new CZ 452's or 455's in the $400-$500 range would shoot well. Savage MKII's also shoot well, but their better offerings are in the high three-to-low-four hundred dollar range. For a couple of hundred bucks, it would be hard to beat the entry-level MKII's.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Mouse knows his .22's, he will lead ya down the correct path to .22 happiness. Of course when is all said and done, you will be salivating over one of his Anschutz precision target guns..
It's not a gun. It's a Laser and Mighty Mouse is really Batman behind that trigger.

IndVet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My Savage Mark II will group nickle sized at 50 yards, and I'm an average shooter. You can get one of them for a good price and the aftermarket has a decent amount of stuff for them.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I had a stock 10/22 that would shoot nickel groups at fifty at one time. The CZ's are nice guns. They have a target version but it's not what i'd call a 'budget' gun. The Ruger is a good start like MM said.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Geez, guys, you're making a mouse blush. If I'm not mistaken, okierider shot three of my Anschutz rifles at a recent ENS.

Yep I shot a couple of your rifles at the ENS and shot the one with the slight breeze trigger!! :oops3: I was glad the rifle was pointed down range LOL That trigger is not for a knoob
I will look into the MKII's
Thanks for all of the input folks.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, I also shot Mouse's feather like triggered Annie and it would sure take some getting used to. I also would point you toward the Marlin bolt actions. They are fine guns for the money; I bought one and a Savage MK II as well. I shot the Marlin better. But others prefer the Savage. The Marlin XT 22 seems a tad longer OAL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom