22 round GLOCK mag! It's YUGE!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Would only take one 10 rnd clip to fill a 10 rnd mag. And vice versa.

What's yer point?

My point is that there is a difference between "clips" and "magazines", if you can't see it or admit it, then you truly don't know the difference between clips and magazines or don't want to acknowledge the difference between clips and magazines.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My point is that there is a difference between "clips" and "magazines", if you can't see it or admit it, then you truly don't know the difference or don't want to acknowledge the difference between the two.
Yes, I realize there's a difference. There's also a difference between a motor and an engine.

Do you correct everyone that mentions the "motor" in their car? Of course not, because you'd sound like a jerk.

That's my point. ;)

Lol, maybe not the best example (technically an engine is a type of motor), but you get my drift.

Last edited:

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep, and as mentioned in my earlier post...

"And yet if someone says "clip" for a Glock, 1911, or whatever... you know exactly what they're talking about."

I stopped calling them clips a good while ago. But I still find it annoying when folks can't resist correcting someone who does. Kinda like the grammar police.

Sorry. :drunk2:

[EDIT] Well, apparently the last post I was responding to disappeared...

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have 5 round extensions for my M&P clips. It brings my 9mm clips to 22 rounds which is pretty awesome in the world of clips.

I have a 60 round drum clip for my AR and a couple 40 round clips with +5 clip extensions too.
Went to 'Great Clips' yesterday for a 'round' of clipping. Ah . . . does that count?

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah... ever hear of "banana clips" for AKs? They were called that for years. :P

I know they're different devices, so does the guy below, yet he gives some food for thought.

"The Definitions:
Webster defines magazine as: a supply chamber; a holder in or on a gun for cartridges to be fed into the gun chamber automatically.

Webster defines clip as: a device to hold cartridges of recharging the magazines of some rifles; a magazine from which ammunition is fed into the chamber of a firearm."

” … in 1909-1910 U.S. Ordinance reports referred to the 'clip' of the upcoming service pistol.” This would indicate that the U.S. armed forces, at least in some capacity, called what we know as magazines 'clips.'"

http://dailycaller.com/2013/05/31/bullshooters-clip-or-magazine/

I don't advocate calling a mag a clip, just don't see why the big deal when occasionally someone does. :drunk2:

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
:giveup:I surrender. I have dismounted my high horse and using either magazine or clip is okie-dokie by me. I liked the BullShooters: Clip or Magazine? article from the Daily Caller link.