22 snap caps from wall anchors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
WARNING

I went to Ace Hardware and bought some of the Hillman 4 - 6 - 8 x 7/8” Anchors. The rim dia. was smaller than the dia. of a .22LR and the rim thickness was much thinner than a .22LR. When ran through two different guns, I didn’t see any firing pin impression on the anchor. In most attempts, the extraction in both guns failed. Looking at the videos, the Crown Bolt/Everbilt Anchors seem to have a thicker and larger dia. rim and might be a much better choice for snap cap applications.

Last edited:

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
WARNING

I went to Ace Hardware and bought some of the Hillman 4 - 6 - 8 x 7/8” Anchors. The rim dia. was smaller than the dia. of a .22LR and the rim thickness was much thinner than a .22LR. When ran through two different guns, I didn’t see any firing pin impression on the anchor. In most attempts, the extraction in both guns failed. Looking at the videos, the Crown Bolt/Everbilt Anchors seem to have a thicker and larger dia. rim and might be a much better choice for snap cap applications.

What you have must not be what I have as my 17 and 22 cal stuff strikes the yellow ones every time leaving an imprint

Harp13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That is interesting. I wonder if they have changed since I purchased mine in 2016. Those have worked very well for me.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000H5WVCS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

upload_2021-1-11_22-14-37.png

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom