.223 In a .22 can.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

50Shooter

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You might be able to fire a round or two, or even a mag or two without damage, it depends on the can. An all stainless steel can would survive much longer than an aluminum can. Either way they will likely fail at some point and when the Manuf takes it apart they will void any warranty you thought you might have had for intentional abuse.

Here is a big consideration. Don't buy a 22 can unless you can take it apart and clean it. That is why so many people are buying the SWR Spectre. That is why I bought mine. There is a fine lead spray inside the can, with 22 LR, that does not happen with 223.

Most 223 cans can't be taken apart and cleaned. If you shoot a bunch of 22 LR in the 223 can you are depositing liquid metal in there that you likely will never be able to get out.

There are many other good reasons. Bottom line follow what the manuf recommends and stay within your warranty. Not just for the safety to the equipment but also for the safety to the shooter.

50Shooter

pinkhamr

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
My buddy and I both run the CCMG .22 kits with a Spectre Can. A lot of fun and 'very' quiet. Heck, you can even fire the sub-sonic ammo for the full effect .... :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom