.223 Match w/ Free S&H?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tulsacrittergetter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey man. Can you point me in the right direction? I hope so. I'm looking for a website / online provider that sells .223 match ammo (64 gr – 77gr) at a competitive price, but offers free shipping. This may be the "gold at the end of a rainbow," and may not exist, but I figured it doesn't hurt to ask. I'm new to long-range shooting, and need to find a place that consistently offers good match ammo for a reasonable price.

Yes, I know I need to reload. I don't quite have the money saved up for the equipment just yet. I'm working on it.

Thank you in advance for the responses. I appreciate it.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lee classic cast press $108.. Lee RGB dies $20 505 scale $50 Lube , sizing die wax $10
Powder ? 30 a lb. bullets? 30 for 100. primers $3.50 for 100.
Lyman case prep multi tool $20 .
nylon bore brush q tips and 0000 steel wool few bucks. Loading book $25

Around 300 to get started reloading.
Hopefully if you buy Match Ammo your gun likes it.
Not all guns like the same load.
I shot 7 different kinds of store ammo from my Savage .223 bolt gun none of them shot under 1" groups.. most were closer to 2"
Try these. For custom ammo or match grade.
https://nexusammo.com/
http://www.coppercreekammo.com/

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I order loaded ammo I order from SG Ammo. Not free shipping but they have a large selection.

Swampratt is right. And Lee is about the cheapest you can go. No its nowhere near the quality of Hornady or RCBS but I have loaded a lot of quality ammo off of the Lee Classic kit or whatever they call it. After you get into it you can upgrade each piece as you see fit. No need on spending a lot of money right out of the gate. But even at $300 I would have to save up for it as well. Because we poor folk round here.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
If you also want to shoot any volume, I'd recommend the Lee Turret vs a single stage. I can load 200-250 rounds in an hour on it if everything is prepped (cases ready, primers staged, etc). Not it's not as fast as an auto-indexing progressive, that will run 5-600/hr; but it's worlds faster than a single stage.

By some quick calcs, you'd be looking at $325 in components for 500-68gr rounds and 500-75gr rounds. Average cost of loaded ammo for match is approx $.75/rd. (Ranges from $.60/rd - $1.00 +) So effectively you'd pay off the equipment in the first 1k of match ammo.

cal7.62x39

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You know what would be awesome for your match grade ammo? A rock river arms national match A2. I happen to know a guy that's selling on on the very cheap. (Sorry shameless plug over). But seriously someone make an offer on the rifle, my wife says something has to go and this one is it.

tulsacrittergetter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You know what would be awesome for your match grade ammo? A rock river arms national match A2. I happen to know a guy that's selling on on the very cheap. (Sorry shameless plug over). But seriously someone make an offer on the rifle, my wife says something has to go and this one is it.

It sounds like fun, but I'm not a fan of that style AR-15 upper. I'm sorry to hear that you have to get rid of it, though.

tulsacrittergetter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds like I need to do some homework on reloading. I didn't realize that $300 would get me started (including the learning curve). I've had several friends tell me that if I started reloading, they would buy their ammo from me. That could also help with costs, I suppose.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Careful with that. While I'm sure someone loading ammo for a buddy and just charging enough to cover basic costs isn't their primary goal, legally speaking, you have to have license to manufacture ammunition.

I don't ever sell ammo. If someone brings/provides components, I'll help assemble them.

The big thing that pushed me over the edge, was liability. What if a round I made blows up in another person's gun?

Latest posts

Top Bottom