.223 Match w/ Free S&H?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes you have to have a form of FFL to sell reloaded ammo. I been loading for 25 years and I dont load ammo for anybody that does not also reload. At least those people understand the risks.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I load hunting ammo for myself there are 2 friends that shoot the same gun calibers and I have worked loads in their guns and they shoot about 20 or less rounds a year.. they do get ammo from me when we go hunting.

Brass prep sucks I mean SUCKS!!!
I would not want to spend my time prepping for someone.
I am really picky on brass prep..I measure and measure everything.
No way would a turret speed up my loading for rifle.
I have turret presses.. but my really accurate stuff (all my rifle) gets loaded on a single stage.
Powder weighed to the kernel .. all that prep Makes about 1/4" difference at 100 yards.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
That's why I mentioned if he's wanting to load volume also, @swampratt.

True, if he's only loading super match ammo, a single stage is nice. But I'd only consider a single stage that allowed the quick change dies. I hate having to reset my dies every time I switch. The turret would allow you to keep the dies in the tool head set up, and all you would do is rotate the tool head.

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have been ordering from Freedom Munitions, but my orders rarely add up to $199. I guess I'll just have to save up.

They offer free-shipping from time-to-time ... Typically around holidays. I typically wait until they do and then buy a boat load.

Like others have said ... reloading is a great way to go. I don't reload now but when I did (when I was single) I enjoyed that as much as shooting.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You ever watch the turret head when you seat a bullet or size a case.
Drives me crazy in the fact that it cocks at a slight angle during these processes.
I tested only at 100 yards some turret reloads and some single stage reloads.. no difference.

But just watching it cock and move to take up slack drives me crazy.
100 yard stuff fine for me.. Heck 100 yard stuff the Lee field loader is fine.
I even deprimed cases with a nail and seated primers with a hammer and pencil and 100 yard stuff worked well.

I can't even shoot that darn good, I do not know why I bother.

tulsacrittergetter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Careful with that. While I'm sure someone loading ammo for a buddy and just charging enough to cover basic costs isn't their primary goal, legally speaking, you have to have license to manufacture ammunition.

I don't ever sell ammo. If someone brings/provides components, I'll help assemble them.

The big thing that pushed me over the edge, was liability. What if a round I made blows up in another person's gun?

I'm sorry, I should have stated that I am in the process of getting my class 07 FFL. I am starting a small "hobby" business to help friends and other people I meet with FFL transfers, as well as building custom AR's. A lot of my friends love my custom built AR15s, and they want me to help them build one, so I'm getting the proper license(s) in order to do that. Plus, it will allow me to make a little money doing something I really enjoy doing.

tulsacrittergetter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's why I mentioned if he's wanting to load volume also, @swampratt.

True, if he's only loading super match ammo, a single stage is nice. But I'd only consider a single stage that allowed the quick change dies. I hate having to reset my dies every time I switch. The turret would allow you to keep the dies in the tool head set up, and all you would do is rotate the tool head.

Guys, I'm really wanting to do both. I'd like to be able to reload my own plinking ammo for 9mm, 300 Blackout (subsonic), and .223 for fartin' around with my son. But, I also want to be able to develop the perfect match load for my precision rifles because once every two weeks, I really enjoy taking an entire day and just working on my long-range shooting (300 - 400 yards is long range for me). I'm guessing I need to be looking into the opposite of the single stage...what's it called....a turret?

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Beastep — why do you hate brass prep so much? Just curious.

Its just tedious and time consuming and just one of the things I just plain hate. Im not one of those people that enjoy reloading and find it relaxing. I dont really like any of the process at all. Some people love it.

I forgot you were getting your FFL. With the builds you are planning on doing make sure you look into the ITAR crap. You may be required to join their yearly membership to avoid being a felon on whatever they view it as now. I think its $2750 the first year and $2250 every year after that. I hope you dont have to join.

Latest posts

Top Bottom