1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

224 Valkyrie build

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing & Repairs' started by Gary@CCWsafe, Dec 23, 2018.

1. LinearZero

LinearZero Marksman

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    It's nice to see some folks not continually bashing the cartridge and actually experiencing it. I went the poor mans route with a PSA 20", but I still have fun. It only shoots 1-1.25MOA with reloads, but I figure any PSA upper that shoots 1 MOA is at least worth the 300 I usually pay for it.

2. Gary@CCWsafe

Gary@CCWsafe Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    When I bought two of the Criterion barrels form Craddock no one else had them. Right after I bought the barrels everyone had them. I bought one of the PSA complete uppers to play with until I got this build done. Paid a little more for the complete upper than the Criterion barrel cost. Once I started using PRI mags it worked fine. I didn't group test it but seemed pretty accurate. I decided to build this H-Bar as the PSA Has the light profile barrel. I am probably going to disassembled the PSA upper and sell the barrel. The PSA I have has the Odin works hand guard which I really like.

I hear all the negative noise about it. I hear all the negative noise on the 300BO. I like them both. The ability to shoot 80-90 grainers makes it a great long range varmint and reasonable range deer cartridge.