.22LR Ammo in Tulsa at Academy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tulsacrittergetter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just wanted to let everyone know today that I went to Academy on 81st & 169 and they have a lot of .22LR ammo and the prices are good. I picked up a brick of Remington Golden Bullet 525ct for $28.99, and CCI Mini-Mags 100ct for 7.99. Photos attached.

I usually go there to get the Aguila Subsonic, Aguila Rifle Match, and Aguila Super Extra SV (my Marlin 795 and M&P 15-22 loves the Aguila stuff, and those three types of Aguila work great suppressed so I can shoot at home.

Anyway, just wanted to let everyone know they just stocked .22LR today. Happy shopping!

IMG_3390.JPG

IMG_3391.JPG

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Academy has enough supply to put it on the shelf with the other ammo. Why can't Walmart to the same? Its going over 2 1/2 years for our local store to have any during normal shopping hours. Two managers in that area have been fired for notifying their buddies, yet it never shows up on the shelf.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Academy has enough supply to put it on the shelf with the other ammo. Why can't Walmart to the same? Its going over 2 1/2 years for our local store to have any during normal shopping hours. Two managers in that area have been fired for notifying their buddies, yet it never shows up on the shelf.

I dont think Walmart gets as much as Academy does...so it goes quick when they get it in stock. In Memphis last month I got there coincidentally right after they restocked....they had ONE case of the 325ct Federal. 3 boxes per person and you could see how fast that went. Thats the first time I'd seen it at Walmart in ages.

tulsacrittergetter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have heard many stories of Walmart employees either getting reprimanded or outright losing their jobs over .22LR ammo for whatever the reason. I don't know how valid these stories are, but still that's pretty crazy. I am extremely thankful that I rarely have a problem finding .22LR ammo here in Tulsa. The only problem I have is finding .22LR ammo that I can shoot suppressed so I don't drive my neighbors crazy. I shoot every day after work — sometimes 50 - 75 rounds, and sometimes I'll dump 500 - 600 rounds. I can't just blast hundreds of supersonic rounds every afternoon / evening. So, if I can't find ammo I can shoot that is relatively quiet, I'm forced to go to the indoor range which I don't like to do because it costs money. I'd rather spend my money on ammo and accessories for my AR.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Walmarts policy is merchandise must be on the floor for 24hrs before an employee is allowed to buy it so I could see them being greedy and fired for it if customers become aware of it happening.
Most stuff nobody is the wiser...but a hot commodity and now you have trouble.

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Very little of walmarts profit comes from anything in the gun/bullet department so its not that much of a concern for them.

I have heard many stories of Walmart employees either getting reprimanded or outright losing their jobs over .22LR ammo for whatever the reason. I don't know how valid these stories are, but still that's pretty crazy. I am extremely thankful that I rarely have a problem finding .22LR ammo here in Tulsa. The only problem I have is finding .22LR ammo that I can shoot suppressed so I don't drive my neighbors crazy. I shoot every day after work — sometimes 50 - 75 rounds, and sometimes I'll dump 500 - 600 rounds. I can't just blast hundreds of supersonic rounds every afternoon / evening. So, if I can't find ammo I can shoot that is relatively quiet, I'm forced to go to the indoor range which I don't like to do because it costs money. I'd rather spend my money on ammo and accessories for my AR.

What gun do you shoot suppressed? If you were to shoot a 4" .22 pistol such as a 22/45 Lite even standard velocity ammo wont reach supersonic. I never shoot supers out of my pistol and it sounds like a bb gun. Just a thought if you wanted to shoot a .22 every day that was quiet no matter what ammo you use.

tulsacrittergetter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I shoot my Marlin .22 model 795, and my M&P 15-22 suppressed. Usually, I'm good with Aguila Super Extra Standard Velocity or Aguila Rifle Match. You are correct, though. I can pretty much shoot whatever through my can as long as it isn't super / high velocity, and it's relatively quiet. But I do my best to use subsonic rounds when I hunt varmints because I usually do it at night around 2 - 4 AM (armadillos, raccoons, and possums mostly). At night when nothing is going on and my neighbors are sleeping, even a standard velocity round through my can sounds too loud.

Latest posts

Top Bottom