.22LR bore sighters?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i have a .22lr rifle i got from the factory with severely bad canted front sights.

i have adjusted them as far as they will go over and they are still canted. so i have tooken it apart and removed the pins and pressed it, realized this is going to be something fixable.

so, i am not sure where to begin, or look? i mean i am not too keen on the idea of getting a 30-50$ boresighter, something i am going to use for probably half an hour just to make my sights fixed, so i can actually sight it in at the range...

anyhow.

i guess if i have to spend alot i will, i just want to get a good quality decent boresighter so i figured i would ask everyone if they have experience with any .22 boresighters or know of a decent brand or a good one.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i have a .22lr rifle i got from the factory with severely bad canted front sights.

i have adjusted them as far as they will go over and they are still canted. so i have tooken it apart and removed the pins and pressed it, realized this is going to be something fixable.

so, i am not sure where to begin, or look? i mean i am not too keen on the idea of getting a 30-50$ boresighter, something i am going to use for probably half an hour just to make my sights fixed, so i can actually sight it in at the range...

anyhow.

i guess if i have to spend alot i will, i just want to get a good quality decent boresighter so i figured i would ask everyone if they have experience with any .22 boresighters or know of a decent brand or a good one.

Could you posts pics showing the front sight and details about the rifle? Just curious, if you got this rifle new, why not let it be their problem? All the reputable manufacturers should be willing and able to make this right for you, at no expense to you. Worth a phone call...

Reaction score
Could you posts pics showing the front sight and details about the rifle? Just curious, if you got this rifle new, why not let it be their problem? All the reputable manufacturers should be willing and able to make this right for you, at no expense to you. Worth a phone call...

i like to fix things myself, im stubborn. i feel like it would take them 3 months for a simple fix. i already voided the warranty most likely when i took the FCG apart and polished the internals and got it to work to start with.

anyhow. go figure no surprise, its an ak chambered in .22LR
118586443-684458805760748-6008846689779680252-o.jpg
118525962-684462715760357-8485413302211141751-o.jpg

the front sight post pin is moved over so far to the right i have to physically remove the pins and shift the entire front post itself over so i can get a proper zero on it.

I have a Sightmark brand 22LR boresight; https://sightmark.com/products/875/sightmark-22lr-boresight/
Not cheap at $47 MSRP but works good. I'd loan you mine but we're about 100 miles apart.

thx for the suggestion, i will be picking up one of those when i get paid. in the meantime i can finally mount optics on this gun so i will be getting a cheap scope from academy and see how well the rifle holds zero. i dont think its a good scope mount to be honest. the side rail itself is a master mount so its held in my screws and pins. the actual optics mount is just a utg. i just have a cheap centerpoint red dot on it to show it can take optics now since the irons are fubar'd

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t know about 22lrs, but the Military Arms Channel(MAC) says that the majority of import AK rifles are notorious for sighting problems like yours.

Go to 3:50min and give a listen:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom