.22LR Colt Diamondback problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Engineman1960

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So I’m at the range shooting my new to me Colt Diamondback .22lr, I go to shoot single action, and the hammer barely drops, no heavy click, even shooting double action, doesn’t seem to have much tension in the trigger, you have to manually reset the trigger -- I believe its the mainspring -- but does the mainspring just come unsprung?

I can get a reproduction spring from Numrich for $22, almost $32 after shipping and tax, the didn’t state if the .22lr and .38 had different mainspring.

Engineman1960

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So after reading a few other boards -- advice was to stretch the spring back in shape -- That didn’t work -- broke the spring -- ordered new spring from Numrich.

The saga continues !!!!!!

Engineman1960

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I still run into some timing issues; where the revolver fails to fire double action -- but usually they are handle by a second strike of the hammer. Not really sure if its a ammunition or firearm issue

I believe the .22lr main spring should be stronger ( a higher tension weight) to set off the rimfire cartridge. I have found no information or parts, that states the mainspring for the .22LR is different than the .38.

Its still, very fun to shoot. I have a another 4” diamondback .22LR being refinished at Ford’s in Crystal River, Florida -- ETA for return should be in October --

Picture will follow, upon return.

Latest posts

Top Bottom