22LR for $.06 per round

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cabelas is my go to place to get 22 ammo now. Not the cheapest but I don't care...

Haven't been in Basspro since Cabelas came to town. Occasionally go to Academy...

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had terrible problems with Federal Auto Match at a Match today. 1200 fps was having issues cycling my Nordic upper .22rf enough to reset the trigger, and causing mag issues.
Switched to CCI 1265fps and the issue went away.
Dunno if I got a bad box, or what, but that stuff goes into my practice bin now.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had terrible problems with Federal Auto Match at a Match today. 1200 fps was having issues cycling my Nordic upper .22rf enough to reset the trigger, and causing mag issues.
Switched to CCI 1265fps and the issue went away.
Dunno if I got a bad box, or what, but that stuff goes into my practice bin now.

Anything Federal in .22 has always been hit or miss for me. CCI Mini-Mags have always been one of the most reliable rounds I've used regardless of the gun.

If you are in a bind on the CCIs, yell. I'll have a couple extra boxes in the the truck Saturday. I finally scored some extra a few weeks ago.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anything Federal in .22 has always been hit or miss for me. CCI Mini-Mags have always been one of the most reliable rounds I've used regardless of the gun.

If you are in a bind on the CCIs, yell. I'll have a couple extra boxes in the the truck Saturday. I finally scored some extra a few weeks ago.
Thanks for the offer[emoji106]
I found some Winchester SuperX that runs 1435fps at the Stillwater Academy with no limit, so I'm good for awhile now. Ran 50 through the pistol and 50 through the rifle without a hiccup at the house yesterday. That stuff has NO issue cycling the guns!

Latest posts

Top Bottom