22LR for carry...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EhlerDave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okay because this is what is needed not what I would want myself, but if you HAD TO CARRY a 22lr what round would you use? The gun is a Walther P22.

I know they will need to function and function well but due to physical problems this is all the lady can use.

Any ideas?

I am thinking hi-speed and hollow point, but I have no idea of what may be on the market.

Thanks.

65ny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
x3 for mini mags. For me, they've always fired when other 22lr ammo didn't. Pulling the trigger on a dud is never fun.

POKE1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Okay because this is what is needed not what I would want myself, but if you HAD TO CARRY a 22lr what round would you use? The gun is a Walther P22.

I know they will need to function and function well but due to physical problems this is all the lady can use.

Any ideas?

I am thinking hi-speed and hollow point, but I have no idea of what may be on the market.

Thanks.

I am a big fan of the mini mags as well. Plus you can usually find them pretty easy.

Now one suggestion I would make, not to derail this thread or anything but you should really see if you can get your hands on a Walther PK380 to demo. If I still owned mine I'd let you shoot it to see if it would work. That pistol is remarkably soft shooting. The slide racks with incredible ease, probably as easy as a .22, and overall a great pistol with adequate firepower.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At typical self-defense (i.e. close) range, there probably won't be much difference in performance by brand as long as you avoid the subsonic rounds.

I'm sort of on the fence between hollow points and copper-plated solid nose though. Heavy, insulated winter overcoats might dampen .22LR hollow points enough to make a difference. I just really don't know.

Latest posts

Top Bottom