22lr for SHTF

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BallisticGuy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
These threads are always my favorite. With the way the current events are going you can’t rule anything out. I would grab my G19, Mkgs banshee, and my suppressed P22Q, along with a plain school day backpack to blend in. All three are easily concealable.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd say minimags round nose if you could only pick ONE kind. A lot of factors and the gun itself is one of them, but if you have to choose without considering anything else, that is the one I would choose. About any gun would shoot it well as can be with 22lr.
minimags suppress well, will run in most guns i have seen, and are quality ammo. Stingers if suppressing isn't a need.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1675298542443029.jpg

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I REALLY hope that conservative Christians will have a unified way to deal with SHTF because we will be at a disadvantage being unwilling to do awful things to stay alive. The whole "not knowing who you are dealing with" problem is probably a big reason why a lot of good people will meet their demise; especially if family is at risk. Maybe a crusaders cross patch can be a universal identifier for SHTF whether you are dealing with OSA-type folks or methhead scum?
Unfortunately I feel that the modern American Christian often fails to understand the consequences of faith is the um... Historical context.
R (37).jpeg

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just how many of us really have a bug out bag.
I do although I don’t consider it a bug-out-bag in the apocalyptic sense 😂😂 but rather “oh crap a tornado just ripped the top story of my house off (disaster preparedness). I keep two backpacks, one for me (35lbs) and one for the Mrs (20lbs) that has toiletries, medications/antibiotics/first aid, clothing, shelter, bla bla bla. We would easily make it through a rough patch if need be although I’d hate to try when it’s 5° outside🥶🥶. Do I think we’ll ever have to head for the hills and abandon our home due to zombie hordes looking for food? Na, but it’s fun to hypothesize. Now IF we did have to flee for higher ground I’d…..this is going to sound weird….I’d grab my Win 1890 takedown (strapped to outside of pack) and 1000 rounds of 22WRF (45g@1300fps), the Mrs would carry the Single Six with the mag cylinder that shoots WRF just fine. I’d also toss two boxes (100rds) of 357Max (180g@1900fps) and have my TC contender in a shoulder holster for larger game. Then we’d both carry our Mini14s with 6/30round mags each in our vests. That should do for most things we’d have to deal with. 😉

cboss

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't own a 22lr...(I know, I'm a bad person), but if SHTF tomorrow, I would grab my AR, my CZ 75, and my S&W Model 27. I'd probably also have my Sig P229 in my Crossbreed Supertuck. If SHTF a few months from now, A Mossberg MVP Scout .308 might replace the AR.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't own a 22lr...(I know, I'm a bad person), but if SHTF tomorrow, I would grab my AR, my CZ 75, and my S&W Model 27. I'd probably also have my Sig P229 in my Crossbreed Supertuck. If SHTF a few months from now, A Mossberg MVP Scout .308 might replace the AR.
No .22lr... I don't even know what to say. My disappointment is immeasurable. You need to buy a new gun right away

Latest posts

Top Bottom