.22lr Quantity over Quality?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
This is the first time I’ve actually been interested in the .22lr and I’ve been stocking up on some ammo. I’ve stocked up a healthy number of CCI Mini Mags in the Varmint and Target variety. I have some bulk pack Aguila .22 Super Extra stuff and I have gotten a few 50 round boxes of some other Aguila stuff and some Norma stuff.

My question is should I keep making my stock of Mini Mags larger or should I go for some bulk pack stuff. I was reading up and people speak highly of the blue box Federal Champion 36gr Copper Plated Hollow point stuff.

Guess it all amounts to what my firearms like but what does OSA say on .22lr ammo?

CanadianRiverRat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Suggest you test shoot some of that Aguila! Keep in mind what I have was bought pre-covid time frame, but it's some filthy ****. I barely get past 100-125rnds in a plinking session before my 2 pistols start to drag and litely jam up. Hopefully your mileage will be different! Also, give the bulk box Federal Auto Match a try.

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have fun with 22 shorts out of revolvers. I buy all the 22 subs I can find locally. The rest, heck, it's whatever is cheapest that I've heard of. I got a buttload of Eley from Joel that we're still slowly going thru. Before 'vid, I just grabbed those red plastic boxes of 100 at Walmart

Osage1978

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought a couple bricks of Aguila once when I found it cheap but my JW15 just so happened to shoot this stuff better than anything else I have fed it so I stop by Wally world and grab one every so often
WIN-X22LRPP100_1.jpg

mavs

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I agree that Federal Automatch can be crap ammo but worst case I've had is 2 out of 10 round mags but not all of it. Seems to come and go, but I'm only killing paper with it so who cares? Then I will go several hundred rounds with no failures.

But lately I've been able to buy mini-mags for about 6 cents a round so I bought 5,000 rounds last time they had that available including free shipping. That will last me for a while and I still have about 5,000 rounds of Automatch left.

Latest posts

Top Bottom