.22lr Quantity over Quality?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought a lot (3500 rounds I think) of Norma-USA TAC-22 and it runs well and shoots well out of my Ruger Mk IV and my CZ 457.

10-01-22 Norma TAC-22 Group #1.png

However, the really accurate stuff is from Eley, and I have had the best luck with their Eley Club ammo in my CZ 457. These are at 50 yards, benchrest, indoor range, and these are not even my best.

50 Yard Group #2.jpg

rustyaa55

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will shoot just about any bulk box ammo, but I've learned the hard way DONT SHOOT REMINGTON! Thunderbolts and goldens have wild variations in charge. I had an old bolt action that was damaged and even my 14 year old can hear and feel it while shooting. Complete trash!
When testing target rifles for ammo preferences i had similar results. With REM. TARGET 22s there was wide audible differences shot to shot along with expected poor groups. Before that, when i got my NYLON 66 i used REM. High Vel. Ammo against friends' recommendation. 1st box experienced misfires. Switched to CCI MM. Never any rem 22 again.

mavs

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I will shoot just about any bulk box ammo, but I've learned the hard way DONT SHOOT REMINGTON! Thunderbolts and goldens have wild variations in charge. I had an old bolt action that was damaged and even my 14 year old can hear and feel it while shooting. Complete trash!
I have shot Thunderbolts in a Glock 44 and although I didn't have any failures to feed or fire, I got a terrible case of leaded barrel from it. I had to literally chisel the crap out of the barrel and put that ammo on the "never shoot this crap" list. Have shot Golden Bullets through it and didn't really have any problems with it.

Buckh1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I stacked Federal 525 bulk pack when they were cheap (Less that $10) and filled a 2.5 gallon bucket with and gamma seal and dry packs. They always ran in my 10/22 and other 22 pistols. CCI standard velocity and TAC 22 that runs less than 1100FPS are my next one that I have been stocking. I plinking away my Remington 525 packs for practice and they run well. Personally hate Winchester. They are not accurate or consistent. On another note Winchester 22mag pattern worst that my 12 ga at 25yds. I also had good luck with Federal auto match but that just me. I just replenish what I shoot when I find good deals.

Latest posts

Top Bottom