22PLINKSTER: PERSONAL DEFENSE 22LR AMMO - FEDERAL PUNCH

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Retired1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
CCI has Velociraptor shells right now available on their website. Kinda pricey $10 dollars a box but I ordered a few anyway just to try them out. If you order 10 they ship free. They had quiet 22 also as of a few minutes ago. Got to check their site early in the AM and they sometimes let a few out.

Thanks for this information. I did not know it is possible to order direct. Velocitor and Sringer were still in stock moments agp, I ordered 5 boxes of each and got free shipping.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have read somewhere in the distant past that a .22 is a dangerous caliber to be shot with because of it's size. It entered the body and when there is resistance such as bone it starts to tumble and does a great deal of damage from a medical standpoint Does this sound correct?

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have read somewhere in the distant past that a .22 is a dangerous caliber to be shot with because of it's size. It entered the body and when there is resistance such as bone it starts to tumble and does a great deal of damage from a medical standpoint Does this sound correct?
Maybe so, if it's a .223 or 5.56. I don't think a .22LR will have the "oomph" to do a lot of tumbling.

.22LR is a head-shot round IMO. Other opinions may vary.

Just my 2¢ ... :drunk2:
___

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe so, if it's a .223 or 5.56. I don't think a .22LR will have the "oomph" to do a lot of tumbling.

.22LR is a head-shot round IMO. Other opinions may vary.

Just my 2¢ ... :drunk2:
___

+1 on the 5.56. IIRC, the early ARs had a slow twist rate and the bullets/projectiles were just barely stabilized. They tumbled immediately if they hit anything.

Latest posts

Top Bottom