22Plinkster reviews FN's new 502 pistol

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Although most of the guys I know have switched to Holosun, the Venom on my race gun is 15k rounds and counting. I'd trust it with anything. I've yet to meet @carready, I will eventually
In that case, your Venom sound tried and proven. I’ve just seen guys have issues with them at run n guns and a few buddies that have personal had issues with them. However, just like anything else, you can have a bad batch.

NomDeBoom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Where's the cup holder?
You'll probly hafta hold yer own Be,....verage while you shoot that,,,,composite device. Ha.

Seriously; that looks like my ol' FNP-9 in FDE. Think it was $429 on GB when they first arrived for sale to the general public of our (then, more than now) Great Nation. It had a nice case, 3(!) mags, all 'hi-cap'...but one was a rnd. or 2 higher (?)...AND a lock!!! the cable on the lock was 'somethin' else'...really. AND the grip was customizable too. You can rig up any way you like, (as long as it's still rectangular).
I really liked that li'l 9 iron...not so this 'mid-size cantaloupe' rock that I used to peck away (at what I later paced off to be around 90 yds. away). Old eyes/Factory sights. Seems it love Swiss RWS 147 grn. rounds.
It did have a few feeding issues down towards the 'bottom' of some of the mags, however. FN's rep (Bob?) was very gracious & pd. to have it sent back on their dime. Not sure it ultimately helped, but FabNat's a wonderful company (& ya still can't fight a REAL war w/out their fine products).
I really liked the hammer & cock 'n' lock feature on the FNP...but alas, it wandered off.
I miss it- but since I traded it straight up for an old, perfect condion, S&W P&R, 4" Bbl., Dk. Blue, Model 29-2 ( 'N'Frame, (.44 Mag)....it sorta took the sting out of my loss. Particularly since he threw in 3(?) boxes of factory cartidges,...during one of our increasingly 'necessary' ammo crunches.
I've had several older Belgian FN products that were top-shelf...-mostly blued & walnut 'Browning' products- but this was my 1st modern, plastic FN. Good stuff; but the 9mm barrel was the thinnest I recall seeing by any maker.
Sure shot the **** outta that poor little rock tho ;-0
Enjoy your new baby!
My apologies if this is double post- but I type like a drunk rooster & I'm new to all this...Just trying to make sure it got posted.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom