24# Recoil Spring for 10mm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just installed a Wilson Combat full length guide rod and flat wire spring in 24# for my Kimber Camp Guard 10.

Obviously I'll have to run it to know what works, but just curious if anyone has run a spring this high in 10mm for full house loads?

Thanks in advance OSA

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My kimber rapide and sa trp came with 18.5 lb mainsprings.
Don’t Glocks also? I have a 24 for a g20 I have t shot yet. Haven’t felt the need to change either of the Glock 29’s. They are quite manageable but a whole different recoil impulse over the 1911 platform. Otoh have long term durability even in a Glock, it may make sense to change it, what I have read anyway

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don’t Glocks also? I have a 24 for a g20 I have t shot yet. Haven’t felt the need to change either of the Glock 29’s. They are quite manageable but a whole different recoil impulse over the 1911 platform. Otoh have long term durability even in a Glock, it may make sense to change it, what I have read anyway
I've noticed my brass is really going into orbit with the stock one. Hoping this will help some.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
According to Wolff gun spring the factory standard spring in a Colt Delta Elite is a 23lb rated spring and extra power springs are 24, 25, 28lbs. Reduced power recoil springs run 18.5, 20, and 22lbs. So, 24lb doesn’t sound out of this world. Since the recoil and hammer springs have an effect on the recoil impulse, you could always get a recoil calibration kit and tune the recoil and hammer springs to get the recoil sensation that you prefer.

edit: A flat bottomed firing pin spring will also increase the amount of energy needed to cock the hammer.

Last edited:

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think this spring was the golden ticket. PPU 180 grain JHP dropped brass about 5 feet away and my 180 grain FMJ handloads about the same. I noticed that the slide did not feel like it was being punished as much. Return to battery was very pronounced. I'm impressed and very happy.

Now my 180 XTP from Underwood.....Still hasn't landed yet

Latest posts

Top Bottom