243 all around bullet choice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That 'middle of the road' bullet for me has been a Speer 85-grain BTSP. I shoot a Hornady 60-grain HP for pure varmint load and Nosler 100-grain solid base boattail for deer. That Nosler was the only 100-grain bullet I found that would consistently shoot under 1" at 100 yards.

DB44

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Going to start load development for the 243 around January & use up the last of my primers sadly, I've always carried either a 25-06 or 223 so I'm splitting the difference & going 243.

My brass will be Lapua, imr 4064 powder, wcc mag primers ( because that's what I've got on hand ) I'd really like to use Nosler 90gr ballistic tip if I can find any available & if the rifle likes them. I'll make this my one round for coyotes & deer.

If I can't get my hands on the Nosler bt's I'm wondering what you other 243 shooters are loading bullet wise that you've had good results from as a dual purpose bullet. Thanks for your time
I use H4831 powder, std lg rifle primers and 95gr Nosler part. It is a great load in my gun and runs about 2700 fps.

DB44

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Going to start load development for the 243 around January & use up the last of my primers sadly, I've always carried either a 25-06 or 223 so I'm splitting the difference & going 243.

My brass will be Lapua, imr 4064 powder, wcc mag primers ( because that's what I've got on hand ) I'd really like to use Nosler 90gr ballistic tip if I can find any available & if the rifle likes them. I'll make this my one round for coyotes & deer.

If I can't get my hands on the Nosler bt's I'm wondering what you other 243 shooters are loading bullet wise that you've had good results from as a dual purpose bullet. Thanks for your time
Don't know what you will decide on, but I have a bunch of different 6mm bullets, let me know if you need to try some.

Latest posts

Top Bottom