243 is finally done

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well my old 243 is finally done after a lot of years and having taken a lot of different forms. Well, done except for a muzzle brake or a can.

243 done.jpg

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Magpul is coming out with the Hunter stock for the RA sometime here soon. Thinking bout getting my daughter one in 243 with the Hunter stock

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Magpul is coming out with the Hunter stock for the RA sometime here soon. Thinking bout getting my daughter one in 243 with the Hunter stock

Later this year. I really like mine. It is a little heavy. LOP is adjustable and so is comb height. The 243 in RA Predator is really nice. A buddy of mine just bought one and put it in a chassis.

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like it! Can't wait to see a range report.

With an old junk scope and reloads in junky Winchester brass I shot a .250" 5 shot group at 100 earlier this year. Just put a better scope on it today. Going to the range tomorrow. Here is the previous group I shot while doing new load development.

243 group.jpg

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Details man!! Details! I see the Magpul stock! Dig it! I see the Magpul detachable mag and magwell. Dig it.

Scope?

Ill see what all I can remember. Old Rem 722 action. Bolt cut for Sako extractor. Douglass barrel. New crown and threaded. Magpul Hunter and bottom metal for DBM. 20 MOA base. Vortex tactical rings that have been lapped. Vortex Viper HSLR in 4-16 with a MK Machine throw lever. Oh and I worked on the trigger. Thats all I can remember right now.

Oh and FDE and OD Green Duracoat by me.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Later this year. I really like mine. It is a little heavy. LOP is adjustable and so is comb height. The 243 in RA Predator is really nice. A buddy of mine just bought one and put it in a chassis.
My daughter has a pin head and needs the comb height LOL

Latest posts

Top Bottom