243 is home.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I got my old 243 back from gunsmith #2 the other day after a long stay at his place. It was at another smith last summer and he didnt do all the work he was supposed to and did a poor job on what he did do. So it just stayed almost 4 months at a different smiths place but its home now and done right. #2 had a lot of personal problems he had to deal with during that time so Im not going to hold the long wait against him. Some things were just out of his control.
But he charged me way less than I would have charged anyone and did great work.
Now this summer I need to get a good set of rings, glass, and a brake and it will be done finally. After years of working on it.

14691089_1473900472626581_591521611356538835_n.jpg

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks. I wont put smith #1 on here but if you want to PM me Ill share the info that way. #2 smith that got this thing the way I want it is Casey Estep out of Duncan. He did take forever but like I said he had some things happen that were out of his control, and he is a really great guy and affordable. I will say that he also works full time at another job and things can take a while for him to complete even when everything is normal. But, what smith dont take forever?

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wanted a 243 for years but just have jumped on it yet. You've got me considering holding back grocery money from the family to purchase one :)

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love the 6mm round. Lots of variations out there but I have yet to see one significantly better than the actual 243. The only thing the new 6mm Creedmore has over it is the availability of tighter twist barrel in factory guns. Mine wont shoot a 105gr no matter how fast I push it. But after I ran the numbers on the 87gr VMax I dont even care about a 105. Numbers wise it shoots surprising close to my Win Mag with 200gr ELD-X.
Make em eat Great Value and get you a 243.

Latest posts

Top Bottom