243 is home.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wouldnt mind a 7mm of some sort to go between my 243 and 300 win mag but i think ill just have my win mag threaded and find a good brake to put on it. I have an old 700 adl in 30-06 that i never use anymore. I think ill rebarrel it to a 6.5-06 which should fit nicely in between those.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Nice rifle! I'm partial to the .243 myself. Here's mine:

i157.photobucket.com_albums_t52_m5stingray18_Guns_Rem_20700_100_1659_Small.jpg

It was a wedding present from my wife, so it's sentimental to me. I added the B&C stock, it was a YUUUUUUGE improvement over the Choate that was on it when I got it. I need to get it worked on at some point; I would like to get a good barrel, and better bolt handle on it. Have you compared the Magpul bottom metal to any others? The price point for it is very attractive.

Actually, what I need to do most is shoot it more!

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thats purdy. I have the Magpul bottom metal on this one. I havent messed with any others to speak of. Im real happy with the way the Magpul works and I found a company that makes +2 baseplates for those mags. I did some duracoat work and some trading to get that stock and bottom metal, but if I was to buy the stuff outright I would do it all the same again.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Good to hear. The Magpul wasn't around 7 years ago when I bought this stock. I'd have to play with the MagPul side by side to see which I liked better. This is super light, full length Alum block, and it fits me perfectly. So nicely in fact that the first 2 rounds both felt like squibs. I pulled the bolt after each to make sure the bullet left the barrel. A well fitting stock and soft recoil pad make this thing super nice to shoot.

Latest posts

Top Bottom