$2500 Conceal Carry Staccato

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think one of the main things a bigger carry gun has going for it is that you enjoy shooting at the range more and become more fluent with it. Yes you should always train with your carry gun but a lot of times the micro guns are more of a chore to shoot a bunch and as such probably don't get as much range time as they should. If you can pull off carrying a large gun and it's a dream boat to shoot at the range you are ahead of the game.

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think one of the main things a bigger carry gun has going for it is that you enjoy shooting at the range more and become more fluent with it. Yes you should always train with your carry gun but a lot of times the micro guns are more of a chore to shoot a bunch and as such probably don't get as much range time as they should. If you can pull off carrying a large gun and it's a dream boat to shoot at the range you are ahead of the game.
Couldn’t agree with you more.

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I feel like that is a ridiculous statement. There are definitely guns that are too big or heavy to conceal carry for the average person. You don’t have to carry a micro size gun, but for some a smaller lighter gun matters
I guess I must be an above average person. I get that a lot. Smaller and lighter is usually a term to describe a gun with reduced capacity, reduced stopping power and increased recoil (potentially decreasing accuracy). You carry light. I love to carry heavy.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
I wouldn't buy it. No other reason than if I'm gonna throw down that kind of cheddar on a Staccato, I'll get a P or similar.

As far as the argument on a "conceal" gun vs a bigger "carry" gun, it's ridiculous. It always has been and always will be to me.
I've seen MF with itty bitty pocket shooters as a concealed carry, and I'm thinking, "I see your peashooter Holmes"
Some dudes can hide it really well, but I don't think it matters much. The only times you really want to hide it completely is when you're taking it somewhere you aren't supposed to. Otherwise, it's mostly moot to me.

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Agree 100% his statement makes no sense...

In a world of $500 Compact CCW options that carry 15+ rounds of 9mm and weigh less than an empty G19 while being as reliable as any duty sized weapon, the idea of carrying an expensive/heavy Staccato isn't appealing.
Tell me of this lighter than a Glock, 15 plus 9mm, ultra reliable wonder gun that will out shoot a Staccato? I’ll take my Staccato any day.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is no such thing as a carry gun that’s too big or too heavy. Just need a good carry belt and good holster. I carry heavy cause I suck at shooting and I want something I can hit someone with, just in case.

I mean, I saw a dude carry a Desert Eagle once, granted he was a huge man, but I get it. The law of diminishing returns applies, but that scale is different for everyone.

Revolvers4Life

S&W Collector
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess I must be an above average person. I get that a lot. Smaller and lighter is usually a term to describe a gun with reduced capacity, reduced stopping power and increased recoil (potentially decreasing accuracy). You carry light. I love to carry heavy.
That’s fine if that is what you want, but you can’t just make a blanket statement that there isn’t such a thing as too big or heavy.

Yes smaller is usually reduced capacity, maybe less accurate, but most uses of a CCW are so quick and so short distances I don’t feel those would be a huge factor, unless you are carrying some crazy small gun you can’t even hold. Stopping power makes no difference if you are carrying the same cartridge and at such short distances, a 9mm out of a Staccato is going to be the same as a 9mm out of a Sig.

Ideally everyone would carry a full size pistol or a short rifle everywhere they go to be prepared for everything, but more importantly I would say is carrying all the time. If someone has something too big or heavy they are going to have times where they decide not to carry and that is the worst mistake to make.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
That’s fine if that is what you want, but you can’t just make a blanket statement that there isn’t such a thing as too big or heavy.
I'll make that statement. I don't think there is a Pistol that is too big to carry that is a traditional pistol. Not one out there. Maybe inconvenient, but not too big. Besides, your personal preference is not the same as somebody else's and their POV is different. So I think the "blanket" statement can be made, otherwise, you're being a little myopic.
I've heard the follow up arguments that an AR pistol is too big, but that's just being silly.

Revolvers4Life

S&W Collector
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll make that statement. I don't think there is a Pistol that is too big to carry that is a traditional pistol. Not one out there. Maybe inconvenient, but not too big. Besides, your personal preference is not the same as somebody else's and their POV is different. So I think the "blanket" statement can be made, otherwise, you're being a little myopic.
I've heard the follow up arguments that an AR pistol is too big, but that's just being silly.
For CONCEAL carry like my post was originally about? Not really my opinion, I guarantee if you try to make an average size woman conceal carry a full size P226 or something they would say it’s too big and heavy. Case in point my wife, or mother, or sister… so right there the blanket statement is proved false.

Latest posts

Top Bottom