$2500 Conceal Carry Staccato

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dude, enjoy your CCW - but know that carrying around a heavier, wider pistol isn't a flex, lol

1. SIG 365 platform
2. Hellcat
3. G43X w/S15

There are 3 options off the top of my head...all have same caliber (9mm) with same capacity (15+) and all are lighter, thinner, and are at LEAST as reliable.

Hope that helps!
All sissy guns.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
All sissy guns.

Aaaand all assumption that you were being remotely reasonable is gone.

Proverbs 26:11 (NLT)
As a dog returns to its vomit, so a fool repeats his foolishness.

Proverbs 23:9 (NLT)
Don’t waste your breath on fools, for they will despise the wisest advice.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just really dont enjoy shooting a pistol with a short grip length. I have a G29 that is tolerable with a pinky rest base plate on the mag, but is not my preference. That extends to officer sized 1911/2011 frames.

I understand that a lot of folks like them or they wouldnt be offered in so many different flavors, they just arent my bag. I think the commander 1911 dimensions are just about perfect for my carry preference, but I also carry a government size 1911 once coat weather sets in or if I will be out in the woods. My current carry is a 19X which is really close to the same length ratio slide to frame as a commander 1911 and just a smidge thicker.

Those are just my personal preferences on what works for me. As to putting a price cap on weapons we carry, that is entirely relative. If I was in a place where I could seriously consider snagging a $2500 pistol because I felt it filled a need, then it would spend time in carry rotation. I am not in that place right now, so my most expensive carry piece is one of my Colt or SA 1911s. To each their own, I worry more about someone carrying something they are proficient with than I do what that thing actually is.

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t have a problem with people carrying small. Although I don’t. My favorite carry is my Sig 226. I love it because it’s my most accurate and reliable gun. It’s also the oldest gun I have.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know some pretty darn good instructors that have the philosophy of carrying as "large" as you are comfortable with, and dress around the gun and that's what I follow. That "size" is different for everyone.

Foxfire5

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Agree 100% his statement makes no sense...

In a world of $500 Compact CCW options that carry 15+ rounds of 9mm and weigh less than an empty G19 while being as reliable as any duty sized weapon, the idea of carrying an expensive/heavy Staccato isn't appealing.
My Son in Law is a Doctor and can afford a Staccato to the tune of $4995. which doesn't shoot groups any better than two NM Colts I have from the 70's or better than my recent purchase of a Ruger LW Commander. Great if one can afford a hand built, hand tuned Staccato but as my SIL told me "why not if I can afford one". He likes his and that's great but too much money for me. I really like my LW Ruger and would recommend it to anyone looking for a 1911! A accurate and reliable firearm.

Latest posts

Top Bottom