26¢ 9mm, free shipping

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

jmike314

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Looks like the 26cent mark is the competitive rate right now. Cheap enough to load up.
Aint reloading cheap....but darn sure better than the 40cent stuff we have been seeing.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Looks like the 26cent mark is the competitive rate right now. Cheap enough to load up.
Aint reloading cheap....but darn sure better than the 40cent stuff we have been seeing.
It's awful close to reloading cheap.

When pricing reloads, one needs to go with replacement costs. Just because you (& I) stocked up on primers at 2.5¢ each (or less), the real value of a primer is closer to about 9¢. That's what it costs to replace it when you burn one.

So, 9¢ primer, 10¢ plated bullet, 4¢ for powder. We're getting real close my friend.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I have a decent amount of primers. But I'm not putting them into 9mm cases. When you add your time it's still a net loss. I do like reloading and have loaded thousands, but 9mm just doesn't make financial sense right now. Primer cost is the sole item that kills it.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Rating - 98.7%
77   1   0
I have a decent amount of primers. But I'm not putting them into 9mm cases. When you add your time it's still a net loss. I do like reloading and have loaded thousands, but 9mm just doesn't make financial sense right now. Primer cost is the sole item that kills it.

A little over 1000 rounds in my stock of 9mm is reloads.. I think there are two reasons that there are that many…

1. It is therapeutic for me to load.
2. To make up for some of my factory stuff i shot.

I’m going to try to save the rest of my SPP for something else if I need them but I don’t load anything else currently that uses a SPP.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
A little over 1000 rounds in my stock of 9mm is reloads.. I think there are two reasons that there are that many…

1. It is therapeutic for me to load.
2. To make up for some of my factory stuff i shot.

I’m going to try to save the rest of my SPP for something else if I need them but I don’t load anything else currently that uses a SPP.
Yes me too. I used to have my Dillon 650 setup in my office. When I needed a break I'd just step over and load a couple of hundred.

Primers are slowly coming back. Target Sports has Win SPPs and I just was able to put 10k in my cart. No way I'm paying $85 per 1k though. I'll use my primers on stuff like .38/.357; .357 Sig, etc. Those still are VERY worth reloading for.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Rating - 98.7%
77   1   0
You need to get a 38 Spl amigo.

I have a 38special. S&W 642. I don’t shoot it enough to load for it yet. Im sitting on more factory ammo than I’ll ever use probably.

Now If I had a Ruger vaquero or something In 357 then I’d probably shoot and load for it

Latest posts

Top Bottom