26 nosler

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
76FD95E0-355B-4C3E-9AEA-58249CCF067C.jpeg
D8623AC5-1A4F-41E2-9F2F-86FD2933B895.jpeg
That’s what I found out. I gore sighted it and took it to the family shooting spot zeroed it at 25yrds then shot these three shots at 100yrds off my backpack

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I make my targets all the time.
If you add lines to make a cross you can keep the cross hairs lined up with those on paper so you aren't canted and may tighten the groups.

NOW here is what i do just draw a cross and do NOT try and cover the lines with the cross hairs BUT instead
Lay the cross hairs just beside the lines so you still barely see them ... cross hairs just touching the lines you drew on paper.

Ease into that trigger and see if that makes smaller groups for you.

If you cover the drawn lines you can be as much as 1/2" off depending on how thick the reticle is on your scope.

My nikon buckmaster 3-9x40 would cover 3/4" square at 100 yards.. my best group was 3/4".
But I was then covering my lines.

I stepped up yes stepped up to a Centerpoint 4-16x40 which covered 1/4" at 100 my groups shrank to under .4"
Clarity was better on the centerpoint past 200 yards.

Sad to say though the one I got is an old model no longer made and the new ones well ones from 2 years ago are not as good.

I recently got a new 3-9x40 nikon and a 3-9x40 redfield and my 3-9x40 tasco was easier to see the .223 bullet holes with at 100 yards.
My exes must like cheap scopes or i just got lucky.
I was using the Tasco for spotting where the others were shooting.
Almost looked like the Tasco actually had more magnification. and that may have been it. Yes I adjusted focus to the best spot for my eyes on all scopes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom