This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Attachments

• unnamed.png
    unnamed.png
    418.4 KB · Views: 321
Last edited:

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why no love for the mighty .380? It'll kill ya just as dead as any other would.

I've bought, sold and traded a gozillion different pistolas in my day, but I gotta tell ya, my little ol' dinky Ruger LCP gets more carry time than ANY weapon in my arsenal. It practically disappears in my front pocket, is more accurate than you think and after about 300 rounds, it's dead nuts reliable.

Yeah, I'll take a .380 with me any day. I figure the little 9mm Kurz has killed more krauts and yanks alike than you or I could ever count or even fathom.

Last edited:

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why no love for the mighty .380? It'll kill ya just as dead as any other would.

I've bought, sold and traded a gozillion different pistolas in my day, but I gotta tell ya, my little ol' dinky Ruger LCP gets more carry time than ANY weapon in my arsenal. It practically disappears in my front pocket, is more accurate than you think and after about 300 rounds, it's dead nuts reliable.

Yeah, I'll take a .380 with me any day.
380 loses too much too fast. Too often you will see that 380 doesn't get enough penetration depth to do any damage, even when its on the mark. In all these micro 1911 guns, the slide is only marginally more difficult to rack than a 380 slide so I dont see why you would go with a 9mm

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I always carried my Sig 230 as backup back in the day, and it is still the gun I carry when I’m not carrying, if you know what I mean.

Yes, a bigger gun is preferred whenever I have the option, but the 380 can and will get the job done. I figured that out a few years back.

I was walking on the Red River, checking out some property when I happened onto a gnarly 300lb boar that was laying in a shallow water hole. All I had was the 380 and nothing but several hundred yards of sand between me and the closest tree. He sprung to his feet at 20 yards, I drew and sunk a 95 gr Winchester SXT into his chest. Everything looked like slow motion. I remember seeing the penetration point, a black hole, then blood spurted right back out. Fortunately he spun and went the other direction while I quickly checked for other threats around me. After my nerves settled and I could no longer hear my heart pounding in my ears, I examined the blood trail and started to follow it. The boar was down and out about 200 yards down stream. If he had charged me, could he have made it to me? Hell yes. I would have unloaded but chances are he would have got me. However, if the 380 can take down one of the toughest beasts in Oklahoma, I am comfortable carrying it for self defense against a lesser human.

And again, better the gun I had than no gun at all!

Latest posts

Top Bottom