270 low recoil or managed recoil ammunition

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amorris

New to the site!
Reaction score
My son is ready to begin deer hunting. I am looking for some low recoil or managed recoil rounds. I know of the following rounds, but every where I look they are out of stock.

HSM Low recoil
Hornaday lite
Remington Managed Recoil
Federal Fusion Low Recoil.

I am most interested in the HSM or Federal rounds.

Thank you in advance.

osupoke

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can't help you on those particular loads, but I have a handload of 130 gr. Remington PSP Core Lokt that does about 2750 fps. I don't know how that compares to those factory rounds, but it's definitely lighter than full loads. It only does about 1.5-2 MOA in my rifle, but I and a couple others have killed several deer with them.

If you find yourself heading down toward OKC or Yukon, hit me up and I'll set you up with enough for deer season. No charge; I'm ready to switch back to 150 gr. loads.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you reload look at reduced loads with H4895 powder.
One thing about recoil is during deer season a shot fired at a deer is seldom felt.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My son is ready to begin deer hunting. I am looking for some low recoil or managed recoil rounds. I know of the following rounds, but every where I look they are out of stock.

HSM Low recoil
Hornaday lite
Remington Managed Recoil
Federal Fusion Low Recoil.

I am most interested in the HSM or Federal rounds.

Thank you in advance.
Its called a 243 😂

TheDoubleD

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Couple year ago I got some Hornady lite ammo in 7-08 for my wife to shoot here first centerfire deer rifle.. Took her to the range and the ammo misfired. Through the magic of modern cell phones, right there on the firing line I put a call into Hornady and asked if there were any know issues with this ammo.

The Hornady Tech said "No, but if you are having problems with this ammo, raise the rifle pointing up straight up and shake the rifle, then slowly lower the rifle and shoot."

With my hand on the bible and swearing to God, that is what the guy said. That has to be the most asinine thing I have ever heard a so called technical expert ever say. And to top it off when I asked him to repeat that, he said the same thing again.

I could not believe what heard. I simply "hung up" the phone.

We were only shooting this ammo to get her scope centered and collect brass for reloading. I finished shooting the ammo and made here some light reloads for practice. She then used full power factory ammo hunting and got a big whitetail, bigger than anything I have ever taken for her first deer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom