2700 Lumen Pistol Light

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dang......I want one. Then again I'd probably put my eye out.

LOL, they're not for everyone! Then again, I have about $90 in this setup, including the M-Lok mount. I also have a pocket clip for pocket carry, but I switched it to momentary only after melting a couple of slacks pockets (no joke). You'll find that damned switch PDQ if it fires off on HI in your pocket! FWIW, it does have a highly programmable UI. You can set it to start on any output from 2 lumen all the way to 4300 (continuous ramping). You can also program a lockout and battery checks, etc., but that's too fiddly for me. I prefer two, no more than three easy to get modes myself. I will say this, it's a VERY high quality piece of kit for a bargain price, when compared to every other light company I've used, including Surefire, Streamlight, Olight, etc.

Here's a detailed write up for anyone interested:

http://budgetlightforum.com/node/55306

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I only have a WML on an AR platform .22 rimfire for armadillo control in the yard. Probably 400 lumens. just enough to see the diller and have a good aim point with the green dot after dark.
Read somewhere that a high lumen light was not advantageous because it was too bright in a closed room causing major loss of normal night vision when turned off. Any loss of normal night vision will be caused by any amount of extra light in a dark room as the pupils open and close. I get that.
So what is the tactical advantage of a barn burner WML vs one milder like a 400-800 lumen? I can light up a room pretty good with the one I have in some testing.
Thinking I need to get a couple of home defense pistols with lights and another AR in centerfire so looking for what is the happy medium and most effective.

Latest posts

Top Bottom