This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think classicfirearms has or had these for like $800

Grabagun had a couple one hour flash sales last week where they were only $599. My brother purchased one, but I'm not sure if I can bring myself to. He likely has the capability of fabricating most of the parts that have been known to fail on the pistol so it's worth the risk at that price.

From the research that I've done, it appears that their outsourced manufacturers were likely providing substandard parts, which led to excessive warranty returns. This ultimately led to non-payment of the parts suppliers due to either lack of funds or the poor quality of the parts being provided. The premature announcement of the alloy framed pistol also helped kill off any remaining sales that they might have had on the steel framed H9.

It's my hope that someone will obtain the patent and manufacturing equipment and continue producing the pistol under much better management and quality control.

Last edited:

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Grabagun had a couple one hour flash sales last week where they were only $599. My brother purchased one, but I'm not sure if I can bring myself to. He likely has the capability of fabricating most of the parts that have been known to fail on the pistol so it's worth the risk at that price.

From the research that I've done. I appears that their outsourced manufacturers were likely providing substandard parts, which led to excessive warranty returns. This ultimately led to non-payment of the parts suppliers due to either lack of funds or the poor quality of the parts being provided. The premature announcement of the alloy framed pistol also helped kill off any remaining sales that they might have had.

It's my hope that someone will obtain the patent and manufacturing equipment and continue producing the pistol under much better management and quality control.

That last minute paragraph there, now that sounds like an excellent thing to do for a bright, motivated young man to do. Someone who understands firearms in general, and who can come up with good ideas.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

From the research that I've done. I appears that their outsourced manufacturers were likely providing substandard parts, which led to excessive warranty returns. This ultimately led to non-payment of the parts suppliers due to either lack of funds or the poor quality of the parts being provided. The premature announcement of the alloy framed pistol also helped kill off any remaining sales that they might have had.

Sounds like they made poor business decisions regarding quality control and the contracts from suppliers.
They should have written into the contracts that if they have returns because of poor quality, the supplier must pay to replace and cover all costs with returns.
You can't expect to put products on the market that are substandard and make it as a business. It's never worked in the past and won't in the future.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks like I was wrong in regards to Hudson not paying their bills due to the parts being substandard. KE Arms, who produced the slides and frames for the H9, have not received any payments since July 2018 and are owed nearly seven figures according to a recent post on their FB page. KE apparently did not produce the striker assemblies or the extractors that have been regularly failing.

I've handled the H9 that my brother ordered last week, but haven't shot it. The pistol (if reliable), is a steal for $599, but I'd never touch one at full MSRP. The mags look to be a redesigned 75B magazine, but the metal is woefully thin and the walls looks like they will bulge eventually. It appears that the thickness of the magazine walls was sacrificed in order to squeeze 15 rounds in a flush fitting magazine. One should be able to use 75B mags instead as long as new mag catch hole is cut in the proper location. The front sight had to be replaced as the pistol shoots extremely low as many have reported. Accuracy is also well below average. The bore slugs at .357, but I believe that the accuracy issues may be primarily due to how far forward the locking lugs are located on the barrel.

Latest posts

Top Bottom