This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I haven't been to the red dog in a long, long time but I am considering a G17 gen5 MOS with an ACCRO if they ever become available.

TSQUARE

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Holosun is in the running for an optic for sure
I love mine. I have a holosun on my AR that has the circle dot (eotec like) and then to have the same reticle on a handgun is awesome. I have a very bad astigmatism and even with corrective lens I have issues with aim point, trijicon, etc. The holosun is very crisp 2 moa dot. HS507C is the mini red dot I believe. It's awesome. Hard to find, I bought mine from Amazon, it was the only place that had it in stock ready to ship.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

TSQUARE

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Are they better then the vortex venom, hard to beat that vortex warranty
I say yes. Holosun warranty is just as good. I have used the venom, I had it on my FN 509 Tac and I picked the holosun over it. Vortex is great, but the clarity of the dot on the holosun was better for me. I've used a variety of vortex optics and they all were great. Vortex makes great stuff, I just prefer the holosun myself. You won't go wrong either way.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone had their hands on CS TS orange? Or ppq q5

I own a TSO and a PPQ. I have handled a PPQ Q5 match at a Walther display and was not impressed. The standard PPQ sitting right next to it had a better trigger and was like mine.

Two entirely different guns. Frame Aluminum vs Polymer. Single action vs striker.

The PPQ has one of the best triggers out of the box in a striker polymer frame as anything I’ve owned or fired. M&P both generations, VP9, P320, Glock Gen 3-4-5, XD XDM, etc. My slight complaint with the PPQ is the bore axis seems to be a bit high. I’d like to shoot a steel version, but I think they are over priced. We are talking about a USPSA production (or carry optics) division targeted gun. I think a Shadow 2 is a better choice in that arena and price range.

My TSO has a fantastic trigger. Absolutely the lightest stock trigger I have ever handled. Rifle like. 1 lb 6oz. Actually a bit too light and I plan on changing the sear spring to give it an extra ounce or three on the “wall” to better duplicate the feel of some of my other favorite triggers (although lighter). The fit of the stock gun rivals most customs.

My main complaint, and it seems to be common, is the blending of the magwell and I didn’t get too excited about the grips. The rear sight is so so, most change to a CZ Custom version. Mine is a .40 however and targeted at USPSA limited. I plan on using it there and shoot bowling pins with it. So .40 was a better choice for me. It is available in 9mm and is only a barrel and mag change away from moving to 9.

Another downside of the TSO is the cost of magazines. Be prepared to drop $75-80 each on mags.

I may add a frame mounted optic for pin matches, but I’m going to try running it against the open guns like it is for now.

ad181fdab4e1f06da8ae26799908165d.jpg

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I love mine. I have a holosun on my AR that has the circle dot (eotec like) and then to have the same reticle on a handgun is awesome. I have a very bad astigmatism and even with corrective lens I have issues with aim point, trijicon, etc. The holosun is very crisp 2 moa dot. HS507C is the mini red dot I believe. It's awesome. Hard to find, I bought mine from Amazon, it was the only place that had it in stock ready to ship.

I’ll second the 507C. It also fits the RMR template to mount. The reticle varies a bit from the rifle version. 32 moa vs 65 moa. I wish they would offer the 32 in a rifle version for PCC. I run the 507c on a G34 in GSSF unlimited. It works really well for me and my sight issues. I actually took a RM07 off of this gun to test the 507c. The 507c stayed on it.

I would not trust it for a carry gun, but I do like it for competition.

Latest posts

Top Bottom