2A Auditors back at it again last weekend.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In 2015 at the Norman Music Festival, a similar issue took place. A judge ruled that the city could not enforce a no weapons policy on public property even if a private entity leases it. The ruling was later upheld that year. So the entity has the right to say "no guns" but the city cannot tell police officers to enforce the policy for that event.

https://www.news9.com/story/2888178...st-no-guns-policy-at-norman-music-fest-stands

They can't just remove you for having a firearm, but if the management asks you not to enter and/or leave and you fail to do so, then they can arrest you for trespassing. Same as if you walked into a store and the store asks you to leave because you are carrying.

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They can't just remove you for having a firearm, but if the management asks you not to enter and/or leave and you fail to do so, then they can arrest you for trespassing. Same as if you walked into a store and the store asks you to leave because you are carrying.

But will it stick? The injunction in Norman wasn't permanent. The judge that did the injunction said that it was the legislature's job to make it permanent but I don't know if they ever did. Either way, they still have no gun signs up at Norman Music Festival but there are still people who carry and open carry) there every year and I haven't heard of anyone being arrested for trespassing yet.

In this instance in Tulsa, he hadn't even entered the event yet so I think the city will drop it once the lawyers and OK2A get involved but I do agree with most here that the guy in question would be doing us all a favor if he chose a t-shirt and didn't make him seem like an in-your-face a-hole and be more of an "educator" rather than an "auditor."

gunmommaok

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Show me the law that states that. As far as I read when a private entity signs a permit to exclusively use city property they become a leaser and have full control of the property listed in the permit. For example: Normally you could not openly consume alcohol, nor sell it, at riverpark west. However, this is the sight of Oktoberfest Tulsa, and the amount of beer sold in those 4 days dwarfs what a bar or two sell year round. At that point Linde Oktoberfest leases the park and is allowed to write their own rules.

Any other time these yahoo's walked that area with no event going on, yes they have every right to carry legal pistols. However, at that particular point and time it was leased city property and the event management has the right to set the rules to attend that event, even if its free and open to the public.

So please, provide legal proof of your statement. If I believed everyone on the interwebs I would stop paying my taxes, take the tags off my car and shred my driver's license.

Anytime you are on public property such as streets or public sidewalks you are legal to carry your firearm even if there is a private event going on. The city of Norman was sued over the music festival and they lost. Doesn't matter if it is a private event and they have a permit from the city it is still public property. These officers were in the wrong. Not that these citizens should be doing this but yes they were correct. Also the zoos you can carry. They are public trusts which is public property. Starting Nov 1 you have to carry concealed though. They are NOT a private business.

Attachments

• Screenshot (103).png
    Screenshot (103).png
    119.3 KB · Views: 92

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
So my daughter did the Broken Arrow Junior Police Academy and it finished up today. Its one of their outreach and teaching programs they do for free for the citizens to better learn about BAPD. My daughter absolutely had a blast. If you have a child 6th-12th its worth checking into. http://www.brokenarrowok.gov/796/Junior-Police-Academy they also have an adult citizens academy.

So after graduation I was speaking with an office and couldn't help but ask about how the Rose festival went with the 2A auditors. He kinda laughed and basically said that it wasn't a big deal and the 2A auditors should spend more time working on their physical fitness. Sounds like they weren't up for a whole lot of walking.

We chatted a bit and he explained he was pro 2A and felt like most of us, that these guys aren't helping anyone with their antics. He said strait out his job is to protect our rights his and mine. In the conversation I said that I thought the way these guys spoke to police and treated them didn't help their cause. He looked at my daughter and asked her what is most important thing about interactions with people? She looked back and said "Be Nice." I thought that was very interesting that they had put such of focus on that and she didn't hesitate when she answered the question.

Latest posts

Top Bottom