2Gun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cat City Slim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Church of Satan doesn't actually worship Satan. They are primarily a free speech and freedom of religion group. It is more akin to the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. They use Satan as a means of trolling the mainstream religious establishment. I have no affiliation to the Church of Satan and don't support any of their activities, but I can appreciate their support of free expression.

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Church of Satan doesn't actually worship Satan. They are primarily a free speech and freedom of religion group. It is more akin to the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. They use Satan as a means of trolling the mainstream religious establishment. I have no affiliation to the Church of Satan and don't support any of their activities, but I can appreciate their support of free expression.
Trolling the establishment? Like the swamp dwellers? Sign me up!

GIJROB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh people with no real world training telling the rest of us how to shoot. " man I told if you don't hit the stationary paper target like this you'll never survive in the real world". Now don't get me wrong I've shot with people non leo/mil that are just plain badass.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh people with no real world training telling the rest of us how to shoot. " man I told if you don't hit the stationary paper target like this you'll never survive in the real world". Now don't get me wrong I've shot with people non leo/mil that are just plain badass.
Me too. There are advantages to competitive shooting learning how to run and gun under stress, proper target selection, high adrenalin and being out of breath. Some in this very thread have " grand mastered" that and beyond, passing that knowledge to others.
Our range has provided training for an Army Reserve unit in years past. Some just out of basic had issues figuring out which direction to load the magazine. It makes me suspect of training they get now. By the end of the weekend, they had zero issues. How long they retain that is up to them.

cdragen

Marksman
Reaction score
+1 for more 2-gun matches.

I really enjoy the Run n Gun events, but it would be nice to work some more complicated courses of fire and focus more on the marksmanship aspect. In my mind, if I'm in a situation where I'm going to be carrying multiple guns it seems much more likely that I'll be carrying a rifle and a pistol as a backup. The shotgun I see much more in a home defense, single weapon scenario. As far as 3-gun goes, I'm not against it, but for me I feel like pistol and rifle is my bread and butter. I'd like to do 3-gun, and I've been told that even though I may not have a shotgun appropriate for it, generally somebody would probably be willing to let me borrow one at the event, so I'll probably try one someday.

I would REALLY like to try out a cowboy action 3-gun, but I have not one piece of appropriate equipment for that, and while the folks I've met when I went and watched a match were great, it seems a little less likely that they would lend me an entire setup (and knowing how much goes into not just the guns, but the belts, and holsters, and even classic caliber ammo, I don't blame them at all).

All that aside, it would be great to have more opportunities to exercise my rifle and pistol.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
+1 for more 2-gun matches.

I really enjoy the Run n Gun events, but it would be nice to work some more complicated courses of fire and focus more on the marksmanship aspect. In my mind, if I'm in a situation where I'm going to be carrying multiple guns it seems much more likely that I'll be carrying a rifle and a pistol as a backup. The shotgun I see much more in a home defense, single weapon scenario. As far as 3-gun goes, I'm not against it, but for me I feel like pistol and rifle is my bread and butter. I'd like to do 3-gun, and I've been told that even though I may not have a shotgun appropriate for it, generally somebody would probably be willing to let me borrow one at the event, so I'll probably try one someday.

I would REALLY like to try out a cowboy action 3-gun, but I have not one piece of appropriate equipment for that, and while the folks I've met when I went and watched a match were great, it seems a little less likely that they would lend me an entire setup (and knowing how much goes into not just the guns, but the belts, and holsters, and even classic caliber ammo, I don't blame them at all).

All that aside, it would be great to have more opportunities to exercise my rifle and pistol.
Agree completely.

Latest posts

Top Bottom